Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just purchased the Rockford Fosgate Punch PBR300x2. where are you guys grounding the amp. Is there somewhere inside the fairing to ground or do I need to run the ground back to the battery?

Also, Id like the J&M Rokker XX 7inch speakers, but I just cant see paying almost $400 for speakers. Iv read all about the Polk MM651 6.5 inch speakers, but aren't they only rated at 4 ohms. I was looking to get the most out of this amp, but i cant seem to find any other 6.5 inch speakers 2 ohms that can handle 150 watts rms.

help me out.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
You can ground the amp where the front of the fuel tank mounts to the frame, or take it to the battery. Unless you're going to play your stereo full blast it's ok to have the amp rated a little higher. You're not always going to find a perfect match. BTW the Polk MMs are 2.7ohms. For $400 there are a lot of nice speakers out there I'd go a different route, but that's me. JMs are good, just not my style, if you can, go out and listen to a few different systems before deciding.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Infinity 62.9I are 2 ohm
The new Infinity is the 62.11i same basic speaker, just this years model. One thing I really like about it is the screw in terminals for the wires.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
8,755 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I grounded my amp to the fairing mounting bolt, 2 years and haven't had a problem. As for speakers, I had two sets of Polks mm651. And the DXI 650. After blowing out both sets I installed a set of Hertz speakers. They sound great and have not a any trouble with them blowing out!

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I grounded my amp to the fairing mounting bolt, 2 years and haven't had a problem. As for speakers, I had two sets of Polks mm651. And the DXI 650. After blowing out both sets I installed a set of Hertz speakers. They sound great and have not a any trouble with them blowing out!
What model Hertz did you get ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How are you guys mounting the PBR300?

came in yesterday. Got my wiring pulled from the battery, under the tank, and into the fairing. My local audio shop has said they use heavy duty adhesive Velcro to mount the PBR300 in the fairing.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I use velcro for all of my amps, and have had no problems for almost 8 years. If you want a bracket check out H Donut on this forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 11 of 11 Posts