Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using our friends at Google for the last few days to find some obscure post somewhere that tells us who made the NAV section of the boom box system on the 15 RG's and also if there was a way to sync the NAV with ones phone or a computer.

anyone know who makes the NAV portion and if we can sync it for planning rides and stuff???

I'll keep on searching and post an update if I find something :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The premium 6.5GT radios are now made by Harman Kardon and from what I have been able to find so far the actual navigation software is provided by a firm out of Europe called NNG.

You can update the SW for the maps from either the HD dealership or you can download it from https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal

Digging around some more it looks like these folks make the iGO navigation products but supply their navigation software to other vendors which is how I would think HK/HD got it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How do you download the newest maps? I tried and the site told me I had to download the toolbox which I did, but now it wants me to plug the system into my computer which isn't possible since the motorcycle is outside and I only have a desktop computer.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you download the newest maps? I tried and the site told me I had to download the toolbox which I did, but now it wants me to plug the system into my computer which isn't possible since the motorcycle is outside and I only have a desktop computer.

Bill
https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=Fingerprint

These are the instructions I used. They work for the 6.5 as well. I used a freshly formatted USB stick just to be safe...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got another question for you all.

Did the export and then put the flashdrive into my computer. Using the software it loaded a update onto the flashdrive. Put the flashdrive back into the bike and it said authentication for nearly 2 hours but didn't load. I finally hit cancel, formatted the flashdrive and did everything again and the results were the same.

Any suggestions?

Bill

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah I need to download the new maps but I don't think the Cracker Barrel or the HD dealer in Meridian, MS has moved in years and the nav system couldn't find either one of them. It also said they're was no way to get from Gunnison, CO To anywhere but I found a way out of town just fine without it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah I need to download the new maps but I don't think the Cracker Barrel or the HD dealer in Meridian, MS has moved in years and the nav system couldn't find either one of them. It also said they're was no way to get from Gunnison, CO To anywhere but I found a way out of town just fine without it.
Hey it did get you to the adjacent parking lot at the Cracker Barrel and the Belks parking lot behind Meridian HD. Close enough we could figure out the rest. Although you spent a good bit of time arguing with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^ .. LOL ..

FYI, the latest map release version on the website is "Released: 2013 Q2". I don't think they are updating that file any longer. I have an 2015 and it is running on that ver for the database ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got another question for you all.

Did the export and then put the flashdrive into my computer. Using the software it loaded a update onto the flashdrive. Put the flashdrive back into the bike and it said authentication for nearly 2 hours but didn't load. I finally hit cancel, formatted the flashdrive and did everything again and the results were the same.

Any suggestions?

Bill
I had my suspicions, and just got off the phone with Harley customer care, which confirmed them. According to the agent I talked to, this is an issue with the content over at NaviExtras. He says that they've apparently got an update for a different vehicle that's incorrectly marked as being for the Boom systems. He went on to say that they've notified them of this numerous times, each time with them saying that they'd take it down, and apparently they are not doing so.

Call in to customer care, get a call in the log, because without those metrics, nobody's going to care enough to actually get this addressed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank you for the update. I will ensure I call HD customer service in the next day or two. Also will tell the dealership about it next week when I take my bike in for the 1,000 checkup.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.