Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joined this site awhile ago but have just been lurking. Just left a comment on tour-paks, and then realized I hadn't introduced myself yet.

Currently have a very clean but older RoadKing that has served me faithfully for many years. Since I have been laid-off more than once in the last 10 years, this time I am going to try and make a positive out of this downtime to see more of the US & Canada on two-wheels(starting next spring). These longer trips had me looking for more storage, so I began searching for a slightly-used Ultra or RG with tour-pak. My two riding buddies have a 2007 Ultra & a 2011 Ultra Limited and I found a RG so I can ride long distances with them comfortably.

Here's what I ended up buying on fleabay...still can't believe I bought it sight unseen. It has many more upgrades than I would normally do, but I'm taking a chance. Turns out the list of mods goes beyond the $12K they mention as none of the 103SE kit, tour-pak, chrome forks, Garmin, and other extras were included in the ebay-stated enhancement totals. I think the prior owner was trying to make a serious sport-tourer out of it, but he ended up trading for a new BMW cycle. I'm also hoping its sorted out well...it spent a few hours on dyno. Its currently in transit to me...I can hardly focus on life's other tasks!!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180589769690&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Live in Elmhurst, IL (western suburb of Chicago) and also have a older log home(refurbished it last time I was laid-off) approx 7 miles north of Tomahawk, WI...home of Harley's paint, fiberglass & windshield plants. I attend the Tomahawk Fall Ride every year so maybe in the future I can hook up with some of you there, or at some other events.

Spent my youth riding/driving any 2 or 4-wheeled contraption, snowmobiles, etc that were over-powered so I could get a rush. Now I'm older and more mature (yeah...right!?!), hoping this RG will be responsive and yet still tour comfortably.

Let me know what you folks think of this scooter as I am a total-RG newbie but I know HDs pretty well.

And does anyone know the prior owner? I have his name, etc but may contact him in the future.

I have a lot to learn about the RG specifics but will try to add info when I can,
Dan​

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to add: They included the Mustang Pillion, as well as the stock seat with detachable sissy/backrest. Prior owner bought them in after pix were in listing.

Sure looks mighty weird without the pillion in the ebay pix. :eek:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Damn that bike has a ton of money in it!! A 7 speed??? I thought I was in heaven with the 6 speed :D Nice bike man, and welcome to the forums

·
Registered
513 Posts
nice ride & welcome. just heard about baker 7 speeds not too long ago. let us know how that works for ya.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hay djw479, Nice Bike and try not to loose to much "Focus" on the other tasks at hand. lol!
O-Hi-O! Round on the Ends and HI in the Middle!
Chicago- Chicken in the car- car wont go- thats how ya spell, Chit-ca-go!
I dont no the previous owner of your soon to b delivered "New" RoadGlide, but I do like the scallops on that bike, and the color, little alone the 7-Speed Tranny?,...Where in the heck have I been?,...thats the first I've heard of a 7 speed, 2-cool!
Hate to hear bout your job situation, being laid-off and all but heck, get out and enjoy what ya can when ya can!
B-ware of the Shark, we all got a massive bite! lol, well not all,...but I can only speak of my actions.
Welcome to the Tank-feeding F-R-E-N-Z-Y!

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Welcome from the land of bourbon and horses! Sounds like ya got yourself one heck of a deal with that bike...looks good. ENJOY!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new ride djw479. It sounds like you got a hell of a deal. I had heard of the new 7 speeds, and the buddy that has one in his SG loves it. I wouldn't worry too much about being comfotable on long rides with your RG, they are one comfortable machine for the long hauls.

Rowdy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts