Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to these bikes this year with a 2015 Road Glide.

I've done a stage one upgrade, consisting of a pair of V&H slip-on's, an SE Heavy Breather and the stage one download.

I'm noticing that the header is starting to turn blue under the head shields.

Does this sound unusual?

I'm wondering if the download failed to "take".

·
Registered
469 Posts
Pretty common that the header turns blue. With the mods you have done and even with the down load the bike is going to run on the lean side - that is the EPA influence on MoCo down load to your ECU (HD) for Air/Fuel ratio. If you have any inclination of CAMs or desire to control your AFR you may want to consider a Tuner. I hear the FP3 is a good match for '15. Your bike will run stronger and have better performance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Thanks Gary.

The bike "feels" fine. There's a little, noticeable power gain. The lean run is bugging me though.

Once the season's nearly over, I should just install a power commander, cat delete and have our local dyno wiz "Dr Dyno" have at it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I run a PCV with AT on my '08 and have no issues. If you go the PC direction check with FuelMoto. They double the warranty and provide MAPS for you and all current and future mods at no additional costs. Their base MAPS are on target. Only reason I mention the FP3 is they are BlueTooth and you can have the MAP downloaded directly from your phone to it, and it seems that those with it find the results to be exactly what they wanted and expected. If you are going with a Dyno then for sure go with their advice as long as they fully stand behind the product and their work. Good luck and congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,953 Posts
That HD download is a waste of money. I learned that with my 05. Ruined a set of popes due to heat. They'd glow orange if I was at a light. I'd look into a tuner. I ran a PC5 on my 08. Had it done tuned and the difference was huge. They changed the AFR richer and was an immediate difference. My 11 RGU needs it. They have a canned map download in it now and the heat is out of hand. I'm going with a TTS this time around. More user friendly and it programs the ecm directly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.