Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone removed their engine guard and fairing support brackets without causing damage to the fairing? And has anyone ordered and installed 14" apes from Hill Country Customs?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Has anyone removed their engine guard and fairing support brackets without causing damage to the fairing? And has anyone ordered and installed 14" apes from Hill Country Customs?
You need some sort of lower fairing support :eek: weather you replace the factory setup with a "hidden" mount or an internal, it does need to be supported or yes it will cause damage!! But it's a clean clean look with the engine guard removed :D

As for the bars, I can't help as I've never ordered bars from them, but I think that is where TracyB's are from :confused:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Here is mine without the guard. Not yet finished blacking it out.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Im running hidden bracket and Alloy Art turn signals.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Crash bar eliminator in chrome, stock signals.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Don't know about the gards, but I have 16" Hill Country apes and love them. Had the dealership put them on so they will be covered under the 5 years warrenty.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I powdercoated my crash bar and lights. I think it looks pretty good...and a while lot cheaper than buying new black ones!! I'm also on my second HCC 16" bars. I had them on my RKC too. I got them prewired and install was pretty easy. I would definitely use them again! ImageUploadedByMO Free1377711824.208763.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts