Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do my first service on my RGS. Does anyone know if there's anything different from the earlier models to check other then the hydraulic clutch? Thx.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I haven't touched one of the new glides, but my wife has a 2014 Limited which I believe is the same as a RG minus the obvious fairing difference. Only thing different on hers is no need to adjust the clutch, and with hers I need to check coolant levels. Engine/trans/primary are all the same setup.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did the 5k on wifey's ride today. Also discovered there's no grease fitting for steering head bearings. Per the book it's now a pull and repack at 25k.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Did the 5k on wifey's ride today. Also discovered there's no grease fitting for steering head bearings. Per the book it's now a pull and repack at 25k.
Isn't that just special!! Let's tear down the whole front end to grease the steering head bearings :confused:. Brilliant engineering from HD strikes again I wonder how much that guy got paid to think up that one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Isn't that just special!! Let's tear down the whole front end to grease the steering head bearings :confused:. Brilliant engineering from HD strikes again I wonder how much that guy got paid to think up that one.
The grease fittings have been gone for a couple of years now...and it's not overly difficult to pull everything apart. My thoughts... the more you do on your own bike, the more in tune you are with it and can feel is there's suddenly something unusual....for what that's worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts