Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like HD woke up and came back with the RGU with a twin cooled 103. The price isn't too bad either.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still a lot cheaper then the CVO RG.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
the black RGU doesn't look too bad....but I think the wet head would still be a PITA.not crazy about all the chrome on it either.The price is surprisingly reasonable compared to my 12,only 3k higher.I thought it was gonna be a lot more.

I like the old bars better though.guess I must be the guy they designed those bars for.

· Registered
7,115 Posts
It's just the colors and graphics are horrible though hope they look better in person
+1. The only color that appealed to me was the yellow RG Special. There were a couple others that looked interesting, but would need to see in person. I don't think the website does the colors justice.

· Registered
690 Posts
I'm just still disappointed in the Rushmore road glides. Still can't get past the redesigned fairing. I have seen some on here and in the wild, that look great though. I guess they need some customization to appeal to me.

Anyhow, I was excited when I heard that yellow was back, but then they put on those graphics, and I'm not so excited anymore. With the colors offered, I think I would go for vivid black if I ever bought one. Who knows what can happen, as I have been fighting with my bike all season. Just one thing after another.

· Registered
3,791 Posts
At first I didn't like the new fairing, now I do. When I look at them side by side, the old one looks dated, to me. Sorta the same feeling I get when I see an '09 next to a Tour Glide.

· Registered
41 Posts
At first I didn't like the new fairing, now I do. When I look at them side by side, the old one looks dated, to me. Sorta the same feeling I get when I see an '09 next to a Tour Glide.
Dude (yeah, I called you that) Really?

Memphis: Roger, I have a problem...
Roger the HD Salesman: Yes?
Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
Roger the HD Salesman: Well, a new Road Glide would certainly change that.
Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of those parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was riding a 1980 Tour Glide shovelhead...
Roger the HD Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet robes would part.

· Registered
84 Posts
Dude (yeah, I called you that) Really?

Memphis: Roger, I have a problem...

Roger the HD Salesman: Yes?

Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.

Roger the HD Salesman: Well, a new Road Glide would certainly change that.

Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of those parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was riding a 1980 Tour Glide shovelhead...

Roger the HD Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet robes would part.

That's awesome!

· Registered
548 Posts
I always figured the Ultra models to be on the high end. But these still have a flat black inner fairing, heck even a RGS has a gloss black inner fairing. After a year the flat black looks like a wore out BBQ grill.

· Registered
7,748 Posts
I always figured the Ultra models to be on the high end. But these still have a flat black inner fairing, heck even a RGS has a gloss black inner fairing. After a year the flat black looks like a wore out BBQ grill.
Not if you put a little of the cream HD sells on it now and then . The stuff works.
Having had both flat black and painted I am still not sure what is best. The painted caused a lot of glare at times.

· Registered
548 Posts
I painted the inner fairing on my 2004 RG right after it left the dealer. The factory didn't have a painted inner then. My 2015 RGS came with a gloss black inner, after nearly 100,000 miles riding behind a gloss black inner, never had a issue with glare. I do however get glare from the 2015 radio.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.