Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - Curious if anyone has experience with the RickRak luggage system? I think it looks awesome... I was intrigued by how quick the system clamps on and off the luggage rack.

I have been caught in the rain several times trying to strap down my HD bag and then having to fumble with getting the rain cover on. With the RickRak system, you can mount / remove your luggage while the rain cover stays in tact. It looks quick and so simple.

Link to their website:
https://www.rickrak.com

Link to the combo I am considering:
https://www.rickrak.com/product/rickrak-premium-bag/

Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
No knowledge of them but will check it out: for future reference! Thanks for the info and just in case I missed it.....Welcome from the farm fields of central Indiana!

Reactions: CaptainDRC

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one for the H-D King two up luggage rack and love it. No worries ever about straps or anything else coming loose and not keeping your bag secure. Only advice is use the H-D brand King Rack for durability.

Jim

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I bought one in Sturgis last year. I like it. It's a bit bulky, but it is very easy to put on and take off, very secure.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Bought it while I was in Panama City Beach Last year. Absolutely love the thing. I had them install it on my own bag and it works great!! I have used it over and over again without issue in all kinds of weather also. It is super easy to take off and put back on which was my reason for buying it. I get to the hotel and can remove this with ease and bring the whole thing to my room and unpack (including the 2-up luggage rack) and I have a clean bike to ride while I am in town. I know its a personal preference but its my preference and I am happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Great points from all.

For those that have purchased... On the very back of my luggage rack, I have mounted the flag pole w/American flag. The flag pole is the one made/sold by ProPad.

https://www.thepropad.com/harley-rack-flag-mounts/

Do you guys think this would interfere with the RickRak bag?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have a Pro Pad flag mount, I mount it on the angled part of the luggage rack, no issues.

Awesome. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Great points from all.

For those that have purchased... On the very back of my luggage rack, I have mounted the flag pole w/American flag. The flag pole is the one made/sold by ProPad.

https://www.thepropad.com/harley-rack-flag-mounts/

Do you guys think this would interfere with the RickRak bag?

Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Can this only be mounted on round luggage racks?

·
Registered
960 Posts
By round I presume you mean the rails are round. Yes.

Yes that’s what i meant. I ordered a metalsport rack but it doesn’t use round bar.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
For that price, does it come with a bellhop to carry your bags? All kidding aside, I'll trust straps more than that system. I'd be afraid the vibration would loosen the clamps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Check this video review. These guys sell it too.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
If you lock it on don’t forget to lock on your quick detach rack also :grin:

I used to use the industrial strength twist ties to hold on my luggage. Let me avoid straps completely. Then figured out the HD luggage straps better & just unsnap the plastic attaching snaps and it really works pretty good.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If someone is desperate enough to steal your luggage its gone. A knife takes care of any strapping you have. True if your quick detach isn't locked they can make off with your rack too but isn't that the case with strapping a bag on too? I always strapped my bag, I'm just giving this a shot because its so damn easy to take on an off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Glide08 - Exactly why I am so close to pulling the trigger and ordering it.... for the easy and convenience.

My current HD bag is a pain when I have to put on the rain cover. It cinches right front the bottom. It doesn’t cooperate well with my flag, and no matter how I creatively tie up the extra string, the little plastic “lock” for the string finds a way to slap up and down against my tour pack lid.

If someone is desperate enough to steal your luggage its gone. A knife takes care of any strapping you have. True if your quick detach isn't locked they can make off with your rack too but isn't that the case with strapping a bag on too? I always strapped my bag, I'm just giving this a shot because its so damn easy to take on an off.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes that’s what i meant. I ordered a metalsport rack but it doesn’t use round bar.

Ya only downfall to the metalsport, can't use rickrack from what I can see. I use the large bag from Roadready Bags. Very happy with it and don't need separate rain cover. Only thing I did while in Sturgis last year was trim the excess material from the straps and had one of the patch gals sew it like factory so the strap cannot slip out of the clip. Hopefully that made sense. IMG_20190309_224453.jpeg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ya only downfall to the metalsport, can't use rickrack from what I can see. I use the large bag from Roadready Bags. Very happy with it and don't need separate rain cover. Only thing I did while in Sturgis last year was trim the excess material from the straps and had one of the patch gals sew it like factory so the strap cannot slip out of the clip. Hopefully that made sense. View attachment 380477

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yup i understand completely what you’re saying. I like that bag. I have a bag that i use to strap to a luggage rack and backrest but not sure how it’s going to strap to my tour pak rack yet. If i don’t like how it does then I’ll probably pick up one of those bags.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I've been looking into getting the rickrack bag through LawAbidingbiker.com because the bag they use with the rickrack seems bigger and it has wheels on the bag that won't come in contact with paint. My big problem was I have 2 bikes and only.one has a tourpak.the other has a luggage rack should I want to use it. Now if I want to use a different bike but same luggage I have to get another rack from rick rack just for my other bike. I also noticed that the rain cover provided in their luggage package from Rick rack doesn't have anything to secure it while riding which is quite stupid.

Hi all - Curious if anyone has experience with the RickRak luggage system? I think it looks awesome... I was intrigued by how quick the system clamps on and off the luggage rack.

I have been caught in the rain several times trying to strap down my HD bag and then having to fumble with getting the rain cover on. With the RickRak system, you can mount / remove your luggage while the rain cover stays in tact. It looks quick and so simple.

Link to their website:
https://www.rickrak.com

Link to the combo I am considering:
https://www.rickrak.com/product/rickrak-premium-bag/

Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Ryan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts