1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I just use 2 bungee cords. :)

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
+1 on the bungee cords, and the great thing about bungee cords is that they are cheap.

Reactions: Jacob Gooding

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
gotta admit, that is a pretty nice setup. especially if you use a tbag.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's a pretty slick set up. I wouldn't be real keen on drilling holes in my bag though.
Lil Chief

Reactions: Jacob Gooding

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
another solution to a non existent problem ..

+1 on the bungee cords work fine , I also have some ratchet straps for heavier stuff ..

·
Registered
988 Posts
I can see what the inventor was thinking, but I agree, to me it's cool, but completely unnecessary.
Most bags have built in straps or some type of mounting system built in to them. If they don't, then the bungees take care of that problem.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I've seen what happens when a load that has been secured by bungee cords shifts. and it isn't pretty.....

when the wife and I go touring, we have 4 saddlebags and 2 chopped tourpaks between us. if we can't fit it in there, we don't need it. we do have the airwing racks on top of the tourpaks, but we don't usually use those, but they are there 'just in case'...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I'm sure the guys that like all the new fancy stuff, they'll probably go for it. I've been using straps for years, plus their inexpensive.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Fancy rack but will add unnecessary weight on the tour pack. My T bags have built on veltcro straps using it for years never have failed. Agree with others straps work well and are cheap.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The deal-breaker for me (if I would consider it in the first place) is drilling a bunch of holes in the expensive luggage....sorry, it's Ric-rap

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The deal-breaker for me (if I would consider it in the first place) is drilling a bunch of holes in the expensive luggage....sorry, it's Ric-rap

I wasn't crazy about that idea either. But if it was 'amazing' I might consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
What holes are you guys talking about? I just looked at the website. It clearly states it attaches to your luggage rack. Now if you talking about drilling holes for a luggage rack I'd think you'd say you don't want a luggage rack (like me) not, you don't want to drill holes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What holes are you guys talking about? I just looked at the website. It clearly states it attaches to your luggage rack. Now if you talking about drilling holes for a luggage rack I'd think you'd say you don't want a luggage rack (like me) not, you don't want to drill holes.
Watch the video.....you have to cut/drill multiple holes in the bottom of your luggage to attach the luggage to the rack, that then attaches to the bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts