Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back I was motivated to produce a video of an area I grew up in and wanted to feature my '86 Tour Glide Classic.

I used a single hand held Cannon Stereo HD Vidcam and took several rides through the same area in order to get multiple angles and overviews of the area, then edited them together in film fashion.

It not extremely professional by any means, just a project that took a while to video and then edit.

The area is Richfield Park near Davison, Michigan. As a teen we used to cruise and hang out there by the hundreds, especially skipping school on days the park would fill up with crowds of other teens from one end of the park to the other.

Several years ago they rerouted the entrance and instead of the access being paved it's now a 2 mile dirt route leading to the paved portion that stifled many from driving their cruisers to the heart of the park essentially leaving the park empty most of the time now. Very sad to have this change but I don't think teens today would ever "live" in the park like we did in the 70's.

Today I ride the park and my mind is filled with all the memories of my youth spent there. Sure wish I had taken photos back then. Guess at that age I never considered the nostalgic times we were living in.

There's times when I can't ride, often during the Michigan winters, that I use this video to escape and relive this single day that is now immortalized with my You Tube video. If there's a choice in playback quality be sure to hit 1080P or just HD for the best appearance. (There's a little "setting" wheel on the bottom right of the video to adjust the playback setting) And if you have a subwoofer turn it up and feel my ride rumbling like your right on the seat taking the ride yourself.

BTW You Tube has added ads to almost every video in their domain, sorry to say, and you can skip over it after about 5 seconds. I don't make any money from this per play so the ad is the cost of them allowing the world to see my video.

1986 Harley FLTC Tour Glide Classic Richfield Park (MI) Riding Tour 090211 Davison MI

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thank you very much. My RG is winterized now an it is great to videos like yours. That bike sounds great and looks to be in fantastic shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts