Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barbara and I have thought of riding from the Daytona Beach area to Howey-in-the-Hills...to a resterant called JB Boondocks.
Our citrus tree in our back yard is starting to blossum, and we recall part of the ride to Howey goes through a citrus grove or two. Who knows if the groves are still there? The ride there is about an hour and a half...so we would not be leaving 'real' early.
Let us know if you have any thoughts....

Chuck the Mensh

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
....oh....this Saturday. March 22nd

·
Registered
27 Posts
We'll be at Boondocks at the Leesburg rally, probably on Thursday. Do you ride to the rally?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out I have to work this Saturday
Morning @ 6am. Hope to be done early enough
to ride to Howey...
Chuck

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off work, saw no one had posted anything, so barbara and I out out for a ride...hope you all had a nice saturday.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent four hours this morning in 'muck hole'. Got home and Barbara volunteered to put my clothes in a plastic bag.
Cleaned up...and rode to Howey-in-the-Hills, FL. Beautiful weather (55% chance of rain was wrong). Rode through some fragrant citrus groves. If you are from up NORTH, it reminds me of Lilacs....but the blossums only last a couple weeks. Next week should be FULL bloom. We had a nice lunch , and then rode oover to Sugar Mountain.....took a turn towards Zephyrhills, FL......and came upon a company that processes ....um.....septic products. We went from Citrus blossums to.....poop. Luckily, a couple more groves were up the road.
Was a nice ride....sorry more could not make it. Howey in the Hills will still be there.

Chuck the Mensh

Attachments

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I've got too many irons in the fire right now. Painting my saddlebags, re-doing a bathroom. RV wouldn't start so had to take a generator to storage to charge batteries. I got the RV started, some sanding done on bathroom walls and some sanding on saddlebags. Maybe next week-end.:(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got too many irons in the fire right now. Painting my saddlebags, re-doing a bathroom. RV wouldn't start so had to take a generator to storage to charge batteries. I got the RV started, some sanding done on bathroom walls and some sanding on saddlebags. Maybe next week-end.:(
July sound good? No troubles Stan...the ride was nice just the same. I couldn't tell you the roads we were on, but only pulled over once to let a 18 wheeler by.....out in 'farm land'. (Barbara was geting nervous at the speeds I was going around corners trying to put distance between Him and I).

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts