Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a front rubber and after watching video , some ride on instead of dyna beads , which are in the rear rubber ..

Q1 : will there be an issue with angled valve stem ? wouldn't think so and better not be ..

Q2 : Being a cheepazz , from the video it appears the ride on remains somewhat centered in the tire and I'm wondering of the possibility of scraping it off and reusing in the next tire , if you don't know , you will when I try it after the new rubber wears out ..

JtB

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Just ordered a front rubber and after watching video , some ride on instead of dyna beads , which are in the rear rubber ..

Q1 : will there be an issue with angled valve stem ? wouldn't think so and better not be ..

Q2 : Being a cheepazz , from the video it appears the ride on remains somewhat centered in the tire and I'm wondering of the possibility of scraping it off and reusing in the next tire , if you don't know , you will when I try it after the new rubber wears out ..

JtB
It's kinda like a thick milkshake body. You won't have any problems adding it through any style valve stem.
Not sure about reusing it. I guess as long as you don't get any punctures, it should work. If you do get punctures, you won't know how much leaked out before it sealed the leak.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
No issues with valve stem.

It stays in the center while riding. It's a liquid so once you take the tire off it will be everywhere. Don't really see you being able to reuse it. I've just bought a new bottle every time and don't think it would be worth the hassle to try it.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Ok, another question. How mad are the guys at the tire shop gonna be when it comes time to replace the tire?
I haven't changed a tire yet with it in there, but from watching the video, it don't look as liquidity after its been in the tire for some time.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
The fact that it gets thicker once it's been in the tire for a while would be the main reason I would not reuse it. To me that would lessen its ability to move around and balance the tire as well. Plus every time it is exposed to open air it starts to dry out.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
No problems with the stems angled or straight. I know it's a lil pricey but I don't think I'd try to use it second time but that's just me. I haven't removed the tire since I put it in but according to the youtube videos it shouldn't make that much of a mess when removing the tire. If you have any questions call them and talk to someone. I did before I used it and the guy was fantastic to deal with. We were on the phone for about 1/2hr. He explained the stuff pretty good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My Indy recommends it in all the tires they install. Just had Commander II's and 90° valve stems installed.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I don't really understand the mess issue??

Which do you suppose would be more likely to escape, beads or a semi liquid substance??

I just changed the rear tire on my bike the other day, had Dyna beads in it.
Broke one bead, flipped it, broke the other bead, spooned off one side of the tire, stood it up and pealed the tire the rest of the way off the rim.

Did not lose a single bead, tire was standing there with all the beads resting in the bottom. If I can do it by hand and not spill a single bead, I can't see why it couldn't be done on today's machines without spilling a semi liquid sealer product??

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I don't really understand the mess issue??

Which do you suppose would be more likely to escape, beads or a semi liquid substance??

I just changed the rear tire on my bike the other day, had Dyna beads in it.
Broke one bead, flipped it, broke the other bead, spooned off one side of the tire, stood it up and pealed the tire the rest of the way off the rim.

Did not lose a single bead, tire was standing there with all the beads resting in the bottom. If I can do it by hand and not spill a single bead, I can't see why it couldn't be done on today's machines without spilling a semi liquid sealer product??
Absolutely right. And ride on adheres to the tires contact patch so it's not like it will be everywhere. It's not like the green slime that you can use to try and seal a car tire. That stuff makes a horrible mess

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Hey if you're doing your own tires it won't cost you anything to try it. If it doesn't work you can take the old out and start over. It will only cost you your time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.