Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FLTRUSE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay........got taxes done......now time to plan this Summer's ride on my laptop. I don't want to plan routes on my iPhone!!

Been using Ride Planner successfully for years despite its flaws.... until very recently. I've appreciated the Ride Planner would show the TIME/DISTANCE between locations/lodgings so each day's ride can be planned appropriately. Suddenly, the display omits that crucial information. And while the trip summary shows the correct ride-time summation, the distance shown is only to the first location!

Also, with a ride plan of any significant size, the SEARCH THIS AREA button doesn't display any results on the map. I've resorted to opening a second session to determine the time/distance of each day's ride:cry:

Anyone else having these issues?

Ecoregion World Map Font Line

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Okay........got taxes done......now time to plan this Summer's ride on my laptop. I don't want to plan routes on my iPhone!!

Been using Ride Planner successfully for years despite its flaws.... until very recently. I've appreciated the Ride Planner would show the TIME/DISTANCE between locations/lodgings so each day's ride can be planned appropriately. Suddenly, the display omits that crucial information. And while the trip summary shows the correct ride-time summation, the distance shown is only to the first location!

Also, with a ride plan of any significant size, the SEARCH THIS AREA button doesn't display any results on the map. I've resorted to opening a second session to determine the time/distance of each day's ride:cry:

Anyone else having these issues?

View attachment 439646
Yes, I am experiencing the same problems as well. Also, the mouse scroll wheel no longer zooms in or out. I think this latest release broke the application. I do not know who to bitch to about this. I tried Ride Planner on two different laptops and both Chrome and Edge. Same crap. Very disappointing. I am looking at using the similar "Indian Ride Command". How disappointing. Experimenting with that routing app since Ride Planner is currently unusable.

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
121 Posts
Well, being a new user on HD Ride planner, I thought that it was just me.
Still trying to import Points of interest to the HD Nav.
Just about every other planner or GPS system, it gets pretty hard to build a multi day route. I believe Furkot has been the best that I have found so far. But it is just a planner. When I would import to a Nav system it would not go over to well If I had to many via points. Now I just do a separate route for each day.
Thinking about it, I haven’t tried importing a route from Furkot to HD Nav. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yep, same here and when you move a waypoint its adding 2-3 rather than one, real pain in the ass. I have started playing around with google maps and getting real close to dialing that in. When you want to alter the route when dragging the line put the dot on the intersection. I am having some good results doing this. The down side, only 10 destinations to input before staring a new route.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Try My Route app.
Very simple to use. Can export for direct import to H-D nav.
myrouteapp.com
It's cloud based, so you can create a route on your PC, it will show up on your phone/tablet. So no matter where you create or edit it, even on a PC in the hotel lobby,
all your devices will be updated.
I also use their Nav app on CarPlay on the bike and in the truck.
Product Font Rectangle Slope Parallel

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, being a new user on HD Ride planner, I thought that it was just me.
Still trying to import Points of interest to the HD Nav.
Just about every other planner or GPS system, it gets pretty hard to build a multi day route. I believe Furkot has been the best that I have found so far. But it is just a planner. When I would import to a Nav system it would not go over to well If I had to many via points. Now I just do a separate route for each day.
Thinking about it, I haven’t tried importing a route from Furkot to HD Nav. Hmmmm.
Just a thought, I make a trip overview route, then break it into day segments. Reason is, if you change plans, or there are detours/delays, or if the route file gets corrupt, you only lose a small segment of your trip, not the entire trip.
With My Route app, you can make day segments, then join the day routes together to form one big route.

Reactions: Traxx

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
121 Posts
Agreed, that is one of the reasons to import the POIs or a set of favorites to the HD nav. From that point I can just re route from where I am on the fly. I was pretty excited about having the onboard nav and CarPlay, butt it has not worked out as expected. It looks like I will continue to have my phone on the handlebars. :(
The 2 main nav apps I use are Rever and Scenic. Both with downloadable maps, Motorcycle specific routing and tracking.
Rever is CarPlay compatible, but loses functionality on the HD nav. When I use Rever in the F-1fiddy, it is more usable. Granted not like using it on the phone.
Scenic is not CarPlay compatible, but functionally better than Rever. Also I can download a full map set instead of an area of only 90 miles.
Anyway, for short trips the HD nav is okay. The planner needs work, even for short trips or day rides.
Tom Tom Go is a good app, I havent tried it on HD CarPlay yet. Downloadable maps and online planning. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is MyRoute a smartphone app only? Or can it also be used on a Windows laptop to generate a gpx file for importing into our GTS navigation unit?
It's both app and web based. And since it's cloud based, it will update across all your devices. Use it on your phone, pc, mac. No need to export as a gpx file, you save it as a route or track
depending on what year bike you have.
It will do the conversion behind the scenes to be able to import into the HD nav.
Product Font Parallel Map Screenshot

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I'm on the phone with H-D right now. She's taking all the info I'm providing. She reported it's a know issue and they are working on it. But here's the bottom, if you never report issues they don't get fixed. That's with the Ride Planner or the GTS or the HD app. I call every time I find an issue and have had good luck getting things fixed.

If you find a problem CALL. Heck they've even called me back to give me updates and once a technical cat called me to discuses an issue with the GTS, the passenger volumes settings were dropping each time the bike was turned off...it was fixed the next update. So call them if you have a problem. 1 800 258-2464

1 - 20 of 74 Posts