Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Okay........got taxes done......now time to plan this Summer's ride on my laptop. I don't want to plan routes on my iPhone!!

Been using Ride Planner successfully for years despite its flaws.... until very recently. I've appreciated the Ride Planner would show the TIME/DISTANCE between locations/lodgings so each day's ride can be planned appropriately. Suddenly, the display omits that crucial information. And while the trip summary shows the correct ride-time summation, the distance shown is only to the first location!

Also, with a ride plan of any significant size, the SEARCH THIS AREA button doesn't display any results on the map. I've resorted to opening a second session to determine the time/distance of each day's ride:cry:

Anyone else having these issues?

View attachment 439646
The most recent bugs (time, distance between locations) and moving the map with your mouse appear to have been quietly fixed.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Wow, using your scroll wheel to zoom in worked 5-minutes ago, and broken again. I wonder if they are actively "working" on it, or should I say "bugging" it.
Just got off the phone with them. Issue noted and hopefully fixed soon. And YES they were working on it today according to Eric the cat I talked to at H-D Customer service. Nice dude, I've talked to him several times about other issues including HOG stuff.

If you don't call and report stuff don't get fixed. Just sayin.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Just got off the phone with them. Issue noted and hopefully fixed soon. And YES they were working on it today according to Eric the cat I talked to at H-D Customer service. Nice dude, I've talked to him several times about other issues including HOG stuff.

I didn't know who to call, Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

So, I am an IT Project Manager. We have what are called regressions tests. When you release new software, you verify that the old functionality is still working (except for what was changed). This is an incredible, inept update. So no one involved with the software update checked to see that Ride Planner still worked? You can't make this shit up.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
So, I am an IT Project Manager. We have what are called regressions tests. When you release new software, you verify that the old functionality is still working (except for what was changed). This is an incredible, inept update. So no one involved with the software update checked to see that Ride Planner still worked? You can't make this shit up.
IKR!!!!! I mean it is what it is. I know a lot of people hate on the Ride Planner and the GTS GPS, but when I plan routes it works for me. Probably because I’ve been using it since I got this bike. If I’m just going to one place I use Apple Maps on CarPlay.

·
Registered
2015 FLTRUSE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hmmm, mouse wheel not working for me right now. "Search Area" not working either. I guess it is clear that HD SUCKS with anything software :cool:.
H-D appears to be working on some of the issues! We now have TIME/MILES information between locations as well as total TRIP MILEAGE. The mouse scroll wheel works intermittently, but the SEARCH THIS AREA isn't working at all currently. In the past, I'd discovered a fix to this problem of no SEARCH THIS AREA information displaying upon moving to a new map area. If I "moved" the map just enough for the SEARCH THIS AREA button to re-appear, then click it again, hotels, etc. would display. Unfortunately, this solution no longer works, at least not at the moment!
Photograph Ecoregion World Map Black

21 - 40 of 73 Posts