Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just road up to Winsted CT from St. Louis. Spending a couple days with the family then off again. Anybody have any recommendations for rides up through NH, VT, ME, MA. Would like to do a loop and I won't be coming back Winsted. After that I will be going down the East Coast to NC. Any info appreciated. Thanks...Mike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Rte 8 through Mass into Vermont then Rte 9 to Rte 100. 100 will bring you basically up to Canada if you want but you can cut over VT and head to Mt Washington then back through Lincoln NH over the kangamagnus highway or over into Maine. All these roads are great. In my opinion New England roads are some of the best but maybe I'm bias;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would jump on 8 north and take it all the way into VT to route 9 and head east. Rt 9 is a very nice scenic riding road. Take that all the way into Concord, NH and then jump on 93 north for a short stretch up into the White Mtns. When you reach Lincoln, NH, jump off and take the Kanacamagus Hwy east to Conway, NH. Jump onto 302 east towards Fryeburg, Maine. Follow that all the way to the coast and Route 1 in Portland. When you get to Kittery, Maine there is the coastal and very scenic route 1a. Follow 1a south into NH and then into northern Mass. From there you can easily jump onto 95 south and start heading for NC

Some notes. In Brattleboro, VT is the Royal Chelsea Diner, a great place to get a bite, especially breakfast.

While in the White Mtns of NH you might also consider going up the auto road to the top of Mt. Washington, weather permitting. There's also tons of great back roads everywhere in that area.

While coming down 95 you might also consider a short detour to Jamestown Island in Rhode Island and go to the southernmost tip to Beavertail State Park. It is God's country there. One of the most photographed and painted places I have ever been to

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mount Washington (weather permitting; dress warm) and the Kank. If you get up near Laconia, there are lots of good roads skirting the lakes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some great recommendations here, thanks and keep them coming. Just about have the route in my head but will continue tweaking. Going to add RI so I can check off another state.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts