Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
Two wheel

As usual, a great illustration with pictures, and stories,
I knew Jack was a troublemaker from the beginning, asking about another man's gun could get you in trouble for sure馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
BUT.... being in Alabama, I'm sure the guard broke out his xd 45, and let you drool at it馃ぃ馃ぃ
Sounds like y'all had a great time, and that's really the the heart of the matter, is hanging out with other people that have your same interest, to me that's awesome!!!

Great write up.....

Premium Member
I never was big on Yamaha motorcycles, although I did own a rd400, but that Midnight Special, it to me, is still one of the prettier bikes, that setup was ahead of its time,
And the wheel and paint scheme were tastefully done. Although I do think they copied from Pontiac Trans Am, black with gold wheels okay, I actually owned a 1979 Bandit Edition with the 400 4 speed, my car was white with the chicken on the hood, t tops,
I gave up a 66 mustang convertible,( which I hated from day one, it had a bad habit of getting stuck on a 1-2 shift, a lot of times if I was in good clothes I would just leave it stuck in second. It handled like shit, I don't know how many times I got my hands caught in the steering wheel as it was spinning. The Mustang was given to me on my 15th birthday, I love the trans am and ended up owning several through out my adulthood, my 86 gta was my favorite.....

Premium Member

So the black AMF is an FXD???
Not a sporty? It's the only boat tail I see......
Ether way the paint is pretty.....

Pops was pretty pissed off about the AMF merger with Harley.
I always thought that merger was to keep Harley from tanking,
Pops thought differently...... until 1986 when he bought flt tour Glide,
Pops was always bragging about all the first, Evo, belt driven, dual front brakes, telescopic Forks, fixed fairing, and pillow top seat , I actually think it was called the road sofa, whatever it was called it's still the most comfortable see I've ever ridden on to this day I wish I could get one for my modern Road Glide, too late I already have a custom seat tailored to my preference, which is pretty damn comfortable with the gel pad in it as well.

Premium Member
By owning the Tour Glide, my wife new exactly what she was gonna purchase for my birthday, she wrote 2 checks for the bike, and had them hold till the day came,
The day of my birthday, we went to by parts for my then sporty, I knew the owner on a first-name basis and went on many a bike run for charities. I get out of the truck and I walked straight to it, damn it's flat black, it even matched my Sportster how crazy is that, so most of y'all but don't know everything I own is flat black except for my Avalanche which is white diamond. The owners Remain the keys to the by to tell me to take it out for a ride, my wife is on the back of the bike and that time I was a heavy smoker, while riding the bike I went to reach for my Zippo, but looked down and saw a cigarette lighter, turned the bike around the told my wife we're going to buy this bike, we get back, and i tell the owner I want it, and he says sorry somebody all ready bought,
He turns to my wife, and said to me meet the new owner......and that is how I acquired Shaniqua....... look how close my Sportsters color scheme matched my Road Glide

My favorite part about the sportser was the Paco front-end $4,000 just for that front end and the rim I got the drag bars at a swap meet.....

1 - 4 of 18 Posts