Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of taking off from Toronto, Ontario to York, PA tomorrow to go on the HD factory tour on Thursday, then ride back on Friday. Anyone want to join me?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Give Er

I dont have the holidays. Great ride plan though!!

All your rain gear together?

Thursdays gonna be a beauti though!!!!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In upstate New York on the PA border tonight. Going to York, PA tomorrow. Anything else I should do/ see tomorrow after the factory or on my way home on Friday?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Niagara On The Lake is a great town to visit, 25 miles north of Niagara Falls, btw stick to the Canadian side as the American side is even more tacky than you'd imagine. Nice HD dealership up by the lake, Claire's.

Take the Peace Bridge across. Definitely need your passport, as driver's license may not suffice. No weapons and NO DRUGS. Nice area! Enjoy and Ride Safe

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Niagara On The Lake is a great town to visit, 25 miles north of Niagara Falls, btw stick to the Canadian side as the American side is even more tacky than you'd imagine. Nice HD dealership up by the lake, Claire's.

Take the Peace Bridge across. Definitely need your passport, as driver's license may not suffice. No weapons and NO DRUGS. Nice area! Enjoy and Ride Safe
Thanks but I'm from Toronto so am very familiar with Niagara ;) I meant stuff in PA or NY.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can stop by the PA Grand Canyon. On your way there, you can stop by the Harley dealer in Williamsport, PA. I am sure they can tell you about other things to see in that area.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You can see me but I'm probly not worth the detour. There is a Cabellas just north of Lancaster that is definitely worth the short detour. How about Gettysburg battlefield. I usually go there a couple times a year. Great to see while on the bike. You can get a tour CD to help guide you through the different areas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks but I'm from Toronto so am very familiar with Niagara ;) I meant stuff in PA or NY.

•Route 6 (East/West) is an American Scenic Highway

•Ithaca and the nearby Lakes, Seneca and Cayuga have nice loop roads with scenic views. Ithaca has some great restaurants

•Corning Glass Works, Corning NY

•After you leave York, if you head East towards Philly, the Pennsylvania Dutch/Amish/Lancaster area is some of the prettiest in the mid-Atlantic

•as mentioned, Gettysburg Battlefields and Visitor Center are a must and nearby.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up high tailing it home yesterday. Rode about 9 hrs. With just gas and restroom stops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts