Road Glide banner

Rider Backrest - '15 CVO Seat

9K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Root76 
#1 ·
New scoot has the 2 piece CVO seat which I love but my broken down ass did about 200 miles yesterday and DAMN do I miss my rider backrest.

I have found "Grasshopper Limited" and "CVObackrest.com" and then your typical eBay stuff but want to hear from the collective what you have and why you like it - I actually like the support a tad higher and worry that what I am seeing is not adjustable to the length I like.

Whatsayou......?

#6 ·
The Ultra is a WHOLE diff seat in its own and I think it is a Hammock Seat if not mistaken

No Sir, not selling the seat - Just looking to see if anyone who has this seat has some insight on Riders back rests - I like the looks of this sit up the way it curves around the back of the seat but not sure if it folds down for old man access - I will prob go this route after I call and fire a few questions at them:

Harley Davidson CVO Backrest - HomeHarley Davidson CVO Backrest | The only rider's backrest for CVO from 2012 to Current

#7 ·
Do you want to sell the seat now?

I'll take it...

Ha.Ha. I can't find that part number for that stitching/CVO solo. I did find the CVO backrest (passenger) #52300361 that may work for you/rider.

Nice

Don't even know if it'll fit a 13' but I want it.

#11 ·
Ha.Ha. I can't find that part number for that stitching/CVO solo. I did find the CVO backrest (passenger) #52300361 that may work for you/rider..
Root My Brotha..........comin through for me - Just called the dealer I got the beast from to inquire about the spare key and they told me I had a $100 referral from when my buddy bought a RGS so I said transfer me to parts.........and they had the fuckin pad in stock - Holding it for me to get this weekend when I head down for the Key - Matches the seat perfectly

Short Passenger Backrest Pad ? CVO Street Glide Styling | Backrest Pads | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

#8 ·
I have a 13 RGU with a heated hammock seat and the adjustable rider back rest. The rest is adjustable up and down via a pull knob and 5 or 6 different holes and is adjustable via toggle switch that is hidden under the left mid frame deflector. I wasn't pleased with the height adjustments since it wouldn't go down far enough and kept hitting me in the mid back instead of my lower , so I had my son cut about two inches out of the piece that goes into the base and re-weld it for me. Works perfect now.

#14 ·
Funny thing is ....... I ordered from cvobackrest.com but when the package arrived it had Grasshopper on the return address so I am guessing the CVOBR dot Com guys use Grasshopper - I then put the MoCo CVO pad on and am VERY happy - Not a lot of options for the CVO seats so it made me happy that the only one I could find worked out well

#15 ·
I was also looking at the cvo.com bracket but I didn't like the way it smashed the back of the seat when installed. I had my CVO solo seat custom fit and covered in leather and I was concerned that it would leave impressions on the seat when taken off. Maybe the design has improved. Do you have any pics without the pillion on?

#16 ·
It does mash it a bit but really no more than what the Pillion does - I always ride with the bitch pad on so was not too worried about it - I'll have to remember to snap a pic with it off for ya

Did over 300 miles today and feel great - Love having that support back there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.