Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$245 for this coverage

$100,000 Bodily Injury - Each Person

$300,000 Bodily Injury - Each Accident

$50,000 Property Damage

+ $8000 in accessory coverage.

Progressive was bangin me for $500 a year for a lot less coverage and 3K for accessories.......

I made my decision after talking with 3 differnt dealers in my area to see how easy they are to deal with....none of them ever had a problem with claims.....

easy switch for me......

·
Registered
166 Posts
uninsured motorist?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
try living up here in Ma. I pay $1000 for half year. On the road April thru October. (max insurance coverage)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Among all the ages of motorcycle riders, people ages 20-29 have the largest percentage of fatalities. The foremost reason for these accidents was speeding. While the others were not fatalities, it was found that there was severe damage caused to surrounding areas. Being covered by proper motorcycle rider insurance will make sure that all your personal liabilities are covered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
PA does not require medical coverage for auto insurance, so if you already have full medical coverage from your job it doesn't make sense to have more that doesn't help you.

I was able to have it removed from my car insurance to have the rate lowered.

Rider (the actual name of the company he is talking about) seems to offer unbeatable rates and has a good reputation. They also show up at the rallies in the area and are advertised by just about all of the dealers in the area too.

My only gripe is that they don't offer comprehensive only, that you need to carry collision too if you want that. My bike is low valued enough that I would rather just eat the loss than raise my rates by filing a claim, but I do want coverage if someone steals it. So I am currently with Gieco.

·
Registered
564 Posts
They are the best if you can get them, it's not available everywhere. Everyone I know that rides has rider around here anyway.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Anybody got it in Cali???
Rider Ins. is only written in nine states as of the last time I checked, don't think Calf. is one of them. I've been with Rider for three years, never had a claim so can't comment about that. They only write motorcycle ins. policies and are the best price per coverage that I have found.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Rider high!

Decided to check my policy and get a quote from Rider. I had used them many years ago but switched to Foremost.
I was blown away by the high quote for just 2 of my bikes !
Clean record, no accidents, no tix, nothing on my record and they were $360 higher !
I'll stay with Foremost and check some others when I get closer to renewal time.
New Jersey used to have only a few insurers to deal with. Now it seems a few more companies have jumped in the lucrative insurance money bandwagon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rider Ins. not available in TX. yet. Was using Foremost, but switched to progressive. Sounds like Rider has way better rates. Hopefully it wont b long before they will have coverage here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in PA. You can order direct from Rider Ins. I have tried HD Ins, Progressive, Geico, Dairyland and Universal Underwriters. I have 6 Harleys and Buells under 1 policy. $1200 full coverage for all 6. None older than 2003. Hard to beat. I also have 2 bikes licensed as antiques. (66 and 77) $200 full coverage for both thru Hagerty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts