Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used rider's backrest online. When I went to install it the brass colored piece that bolts the rear fender has what looks like the stiff hook side of velcro tape on it. I'm not thrilled with the idea of this stuff rubbing against the painted fender, even under the seat.

Is this correct, or is there something that should be covering the hard plastic portion?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
If i remember, I don't think it actually makes contact with the fender. I believe it contacts with the plastic covers that are on the studs. What year bike is it going on? It might just be the picture but it looks like an odd shape.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put up another picture. It does look funny from that angle.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Looks like the previous owner put the velcro on there. That's not factory. Hard to say why he/she did that, as it's not necessary. As stated, there are plastic washers that the piece sits on, then it gets bolted down. Just guessing here, but maybe the PO tbought the assembly was going to vibrate, so they added velcro to the fender and the mount, or maybe they just had it velcroed down instead of bolted down, which is a horrible idea IMO.

Lil Chief

Reactions: RoadGypsy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. It's more than 10 years since I installed the last one, and it just didn't seem right. I'll be de-velcroing it in the near future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts