Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When riding as a group , how do you change lanes. I just finished a trip and the guys I rode with would change lanes ...like a to each his own. Previous groups would all stay together when changing lanes. Staggered, not side by side.

·
Registered
605 Posts
we use hand signals passed back to the sweep man who secures the lane and then everyone else moves over as a group. lately I've been riding with a bunch of guys with ultras we all have radios which makes it much easier, lead man tells the sweep man get us a lane and the sweep man tells him when its clear

Jay

·
Registered
909 Posts
we use hand signals passed back to the sweep man who secures the lane and then everyone else moves over as a group. lately I've been riding with a bunch of guys with ultras we all have radios which makes it much easier, lead man tells the sweep man get us a lane and the sweep man tells him when its clear

Jay
I belong to a riding club and im also a road captain that the way we do it when we are with guys with ultras incl myself. When I have no one with a radio and I'm leading I always go over the route with the sweep guy or tail end and I tell him watch for hand signal and light but no one can move in a lane until he moves first

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I've led and I now prefer to run Tail-gunner......... either way, Tail-gunner should initiate the changes and the change should occur as a group. There are times when you'll get slit a bit, but it should not be an "every man for himself" ordeal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts