Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right blinker quit working on my 2013 CVO Road Glide (110 Anniversary Edition). When I hit the right blinker it does not work and the red key in the speedometer comes on and stays on. When I use the left blinker all is good. Any suggestions? Do I have a loose wire somewhere or maybe a short? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you haven’t already, check the bulb in both front and rear blinkers. I think if one goes out nether will work. The lit key icon I believe is the security system indicator. Since all blinker flash when the security system is activated, maybe the icon is telling you there’s something wrong with the system. May be related maybe not but, if fixing the lights doesn’t also turn off the key icon then I guess the next step would be to pull any possible diagnostic trouble codes. Best of luck getting it figured out.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I had this exact same problem when I was on vacation in Tennessee. Thought it was something to do with the security module. Turned out there was a wire under the fairing that rubbed against a bracket and shorted out. They fixed the wire and had to replace the right turn signal switch. Mine is an 11. The tech said he moved the wires a little so it shouldn't happen again. Cost me about $260 if I remember correctly, but I was 400 miles from home and didn't want to take any chances. Better than the $500 it would have cost to replace the security module thingy.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
My right blinker quit working on my 2013 CVO Road Glide (110 Anniversary Edition). When I hit the right blinker it does not work and the red key in the speedometer comes on and stays on. When I use the left blinker all is good. Any suggestions? Do I have a loose wire somewhere or maybe a short? Thank you for the help.
I can not help on your question, but welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The red key light is your "Check engine" light and will illuminate any time the ECM picks up an electrical fault that is not within parameters. If, when you shut your bike down then restart it, the light goes out, it doesn't mean the fault has corrected itself. It just means that the ECM has recognized the fault before and it is stored as a "historical" fault. The red key will come back on every time the ECM reads a new fault. You can easily check for Diag codes every time you start up the bike if you want by pressing the Odometer reset switch while turning the ignition to start without hitting the ignition switch. The tach window is where you'll find your codes. Search this forum for the codes and what they mean. And by all means GET A SERVICE MANUAL AND READ/USE IT!

AS said before, check easy things first. re[place the bulbs and see if that works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts