Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my right side running lights and directionals aren't working. I took the bike apart to install new speakers and now they don't work. I'm sure I unplugged something I shouldn't have. Can anyone trouble shoot this for me?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You stated you installed new speakers...which obviously requires fairing removal. Ok, so this is what I've noticed when removing my RGC fairing vs my SG fairing...

1. First check your bulb and be sure the filament isn't blown. If the filament isn't blown then the next step will probably be your last and fix the issue.

2. Loosen the bracket of the turn signal that isn't working. Once you have it loosened, turn the switch and turn signal on and while it's on(you'll know its on in the dash) either gently feed some of the turn signal wire back into the fairing through the guide notched in the fairing for the wire OR gently pull some out. The running light should come on and the turn signal should blink again once you've got the wire in a 'non-pinched/kinked' position. Re-install bracket mount and you're done. Hope this helps.

After removing and reinstalling mine I've noticed this happens sometimes. First time it happened, I freaked out thinking I've got an exposed wire shorting so I pulled the outer fairing and saw NONE of the turn wires were skinned or exposed. Thats when noticed that the signal wasn't working because the feed of the wire was bending or folding over when you stuff too much...causing lessened flow of current I suppose. This fixes mine whenever the blinker acts up after removal/reinstallation of outer fairing.​

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll have to check that out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts