Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed my soundstream amp over the weekend with the infinity kappa 62.11s. I just ran the amp via high output for now until I get a chance to change out the head unit. I set the amp gain to around 4.5-5 so around the 9 o'clock position. The amp and speakers sounded great in the garage. Saturday afternoon I went to take the bike out for a ride and cranked the volume up to a little over half. The speakers sounded great until the right one cut out 30 seconds or so after turning the volume up. When I turn the bike off and back on, the speakers work fine again for the first 30 seconds and then the right one cuts out again. The left one runs fine no matter how high I crank the volume. The right one will play fine until I turn up the volume past half. Any suggestions on what could be causing the right speaker to cut off when the volume is turned up?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After looking in the inner last night, my speaker wire from the amp to the speaker and my power wire from the amp to the battery run side by side for 6-8". Would this be causing any interference? I also did not ground the middle wire on the hi level input. Could this be the culprit?

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
The wires running close shouldn't be a problem at all. If both speakers were cutting out, my guess would be you were over driving the amp. With only one speaker cutting out my advice would be to check and resecure all the connections to the right channel, if you still have the same problem change the speakers around. ..... let us know from there.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Check your RCA cables if your using them. I have an amp in my saddlebag, and 2 separate RCA calbes joined with a splitter and they wiggle loose every now and then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your RCA cables if your using them. I have an amp in my saddlebag, and 2 separate RCA calbes joined with a splitter and they wiggle loose every now and then.
Running the high input right now since I am still using the stock radio. May try running RCA cable direct from my iPhone this evening/tomorrow to see if that has any affect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts