1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Looks awesome

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
A friend of mine handed me a map she picked up somewhere called WildRides of Tennessee & North Carolina. It shows over 40 ride loops east of Nashville and into the Smoky Mountains. A bunch of 'named' loops and the associated T-shirt you can buy to commemorate the ride.

Copperhead Road
The Sidewinder
Devil's Triangle
Reapers' Ride
The Gauntlet
The Snake
Aces & Eights

Years ago there was Mad Maps that put out paid maps of 'good' routes.

Many of the above roads came about as a result of the financial success "Tail of the Dragon" had on the local economy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most any road leading to the dragon can scare you as the speed limits are higher. The dragon is 35 and loaded with cops. Which is good cause they are not on the roads to the dragon.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Where was the first pic taken? I'm almost positive I've been there. Near Dale Hollow Lake?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
It's the overlook at Cordell Hull lake dam.
Yep.... been there twice. Relaxing place. Think I'll have to call my cousin in Hartsville and tell him he missed a "few" places when he took me on a tour of TN. LOL. Thanks btw.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yep.... been there twice. Relaxing place. Think I'll have to call my cousin in Hartsville and tell him he missed a "few" places when he took me on a tour of TN. LOL. Thanks btw.
The Cumberland Plateau area of Tennessee and southern Kentucky is one of the most overlooked, and best, riding areas in the country. Plus, we are blessed with TN DOT, and some of the best road surfaces anywhere. KY, not so much. I am especially fond of Hwys 85 and 116, which goes by the old Brushy Mountain State Prison, and had a mountain lion cross the road in front of me on that road a few years ago.

Actually, I grew up in Hartsville, we have our 45th graduation reunion of the Class of '72, Trousdale County, coming up in September.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man that route runs right by me. Might have to study that pic some. Cordell hull lake looks like a place I need to check out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts