Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy has a' 10 Ultra, 25K, extended warranty. The seam is separated by his right leg. Dealer says normal wear, not covered. Sounds like BS to me. Thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It seems that H-D is not fond of providing warranty coverage on seats. My front seam started coming apart - the holes where the sewing went through were expanding and the seat would take on water in the rain. H-D (my dealer sent them a picture) said it was normal wear (which is BS, I have never had another seat come apart like this in 25K miles). The dealer said he'd eat the cost of a new seat and got one for me gratis. My bike was not quite two years old, so I appreciated the dealer's action. Otherwise, I'd get the torn seat fixed up by MCC or look at a new non-HD seat.

People I know have had seats replaced where using a backrest caused the seams around that hole to come apart - but other than that they usually have less luck.

·
Administrator
10,603 Posts
I have a small seam separation as well on the right side , started after the warranty expired , unfortunately , read the ESP and it states upholstery is not covered ..

JtB

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Find a local upholstery guy, usually pretty reasonably priced and a better quality of work than what you get from the factory.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The seams heading towards the tank are tearing at the seams as well. Dealer said its not covered.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, folks. I will let him know. I wonder if he could pull the cover and glue vinyl strips along the seams for reinforcement? I had the cover off of my Venture to rout in a gel pad. Easy on that bike.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had this problem while mine was still under warranty, thankfully my local dealer is really good and i received a new seat after the dealer went to bat for me.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Seems a little funny that when HD switched companies that builds most of the stock and accessory seats is when problems really started occurring. The original company name which manufactured the seats was a over the road trucker seat. ....(you know the ones that have the mechanical shocks and scissor type suspensions) then the last 3 years or so its now made by airhawk which is ROHO Group is the name if the parent company. If you go to the airhawk website you'll find the name and maybe you can do something directly with them ? Now the airhawk part was told to me by a rep at Americade, I never confirmed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts