Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’m changing out the handlebars and putting in new riser bolts. I’ve been reading that with the new riser bushings that you should use 2 1/4” long grade 8 bolts. Well every damn place is closed until Monday and all I have is 2 1/2” long bolts. Is it ok if I just take a hacksaw and cut a 1/4” off??? Or should I just wait until Monday and buy the correct bolts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I don't see a problem with cutting them shorter. As long as they're not poking through the risers so the bars won't clamp properly. Dab a little blue locktight on those bottom bolts too.

I don't remember my ness bushing coming with lock washers, but if they did, why not?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the ness riser bushings don’t come with lock washers. I was gonna put them on for added security, but I didn’t know if that would negatively affect anything.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
If you add lock washers there's a good chance that the forks won't turn lock to lock. There isn't enough clearance down there (at least on the 2015 and 2018 I did). It's OK to trim the bolts (again exactly what I had to do). You have room for the cup washer and the bolt head. Nothing more in my personal experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts