Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like most all, but like 66,67,71,72s best. Never owned one but knowing me I might someday. Saw a 71 on CL recently that was not advertised as anything special but had 1/2 vinyl top that extended up under doors and back to point on tail. Looked well done similar to Cadillac El Diora conversion done by ASC. Called but was sold.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like most all, but like 66,67,71,72s best. Never owned one but knowing me I might someday. Saw a 71 on CL recently that was not advertised as anything special but had 1/2 vinyl top that extended up under doors and back to point on tail. Looked well done similar to Cadillac El Diora conversion done by ASC. Called but was sold.
If I am not mistaken, I think that half vinyl top was a rare factory option. Better luck next time that it's not sold when you call.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
don't remember what year it was (73?), but a guy that worked for me had a beautiful gold boat-tail.

had a great stance and muscle to back it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My older sister had a 65. First year with the clamshell hideaway headlights. Silver metallic with white interior. Had a 401 with 4 barrel carb. That car could hall ass and eat gas.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice, looks very straight! Like the sporty stock looking plain Jane black wheels and raised white letter tires, that was cool back in the day. Reminds me of high school!
It was originally a hub cap car. I just repainted the stock wheels satin black and went with the white letter tires for a little attitude and to set it apart from any others just enough to notice. The car is fairly clean wearing most of it's original paint. I had it stored in other places for a couple of winters so it sustained a ding and a scrape here and there but it's a driver anyways not a show car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts