Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RK w/26 for sale or trade for RG!

I read the rules a few times, and I didn't see that new posters were "wrong', but understood that the ad could be bounced outta here with no warning. That being understood, I am posting a thread that is a plee to help me join the RG community. I have a RK that I am looking to sell, trade up, trade down, etc.... either way, I WANT A ROAD GLIDE. Just putting it out there- Im ready for another project!

26" Couture Hot Rod wheel

Bagger Nation Heavy front fender

Stretched/raked headlight nacelle

Twin 13" matching front rotors

6 piston Performance Machine calipers

All new break lines/hoses

HHI tripple trees

Frame stretched and raked

digital gauges in top clamp (all indicators function)

Stretched RG tank (all metal)

SE Heavy Breather

38" Wild One beach bars

PYO billet shifter peg and brake pedal

CycleSmiths extended bananna boards

CS bananna passenger pegs

Custom stretched seat (gel) ultra soft leather

103" SE with SE heads and billet throttle body

Dyno Mike Wilson performed all fab and assembly- 100 hp 100 ft lbs

(40 dyno pulls)

HD grips

Milwaukee Bagger stretched bags

Custom stretched rear fender w/ Cycle Vision Eliminator

velour liners in bag and lids

full CFR exhaust

Bagger Nation rear wheel (160)

Wiz Bang Customs AWESOME paint- slick as owl sh*t

veriegated gold leaf with shadow and striping w/ HOK kandy

pin striping on all panels

(underside of fender looks as good as the top)

plenty, plenty more to list......

3 shows (Easyrider, World of Wheels) 2 best paint, 2 first in class, 1 second in class

I'm in FL panhandle area, but can deliver with some planning. Im asking 35k obo- show me what you got to trade!!!

Here is a link to a video:http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13167429472291

More pics upon request, or a few more here:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/623476-road-king-26-wheel-103-100hp.html

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Nice looking bike, but your on the wrong forums to trade :) You will learn that road glide owners ride the best bike out there, and know it and you won't get them off one without a little force. Good luck in your sale though, and hope to see you on a road glide soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! I understand! But just in case somebody wanted to get rid of their "spare", it would be a great opportunity to save $20k on a build of their own! Please don't make me try and put a RG fairing on this thing...:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as you and your buddy aren't dealers or builders you are fine---just be warned.
Thanks Brother. I'm just a common man, I drive a common van. Heck- my dog aint even got a pedigree!

I do appreciate the opportunity to reach out to the community without going through the "welcome" stuff... I'm cool (in my own mind) I swear.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Owen, why don't you just go ahead and install a RG fairing on your RK? You got a bitchin' bike now. Adding a shark nose to it will just make it what you want it to be. Yaffe's shop bike started out as a RK.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Owen, why don't you just go ahead and install a RG fairing on your RK? You got a bitchin' bike now. Adding a shark nose to it will just make it what you want it to be. Yaffe's shop bike started out as a RK.
Big Dave is right... and its not as difficult as you would think. Looking at your RK, money isn't a problem so it wouldn't be that hard to convert over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. There are more than a few fairings on ebay right now cheap and you should have no problems with the conversion.

Yes...... and no. That sounds like a very logical plan. I'm not into that!!

I have as much fun building as I do riding. The idea of a "project" is what really turns me on. I want to go with a fat rear (220ish) and a kickin' stereo this time. I would rather start with something that was wired for stereo functions on the bars. If I don't dump it by Winter, I am going to go that route. But I would really like to start with a blank canvas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the kind words- It was a blast getting it all together.. I can't wait to get my paws on a RG! H E L P ! :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I still say a Shark Nose fairing on the RK would be killer. I enjoyed the video of your bike. It's truly bad ass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a ton of jack in the nacelle modifications, the custom risers and the gauge. I would hate to "part it out" to make room for a RG fairing. I think it is a really nice King and I hope somebody will want it for that. I also want to do some things with the engine and rear end on the next project, and it is time to stop throwing money at this one. I am also thinking that the new touring chassis might be a good thing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts