Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to thank everyone for their help. I've done a lot of reading about handlebar replacement on this forum and you guys gave me the courage to try and replace the handlebars on my 2015 RGS. The stock bars SUCK and the local dealer told me replacing the handlebars at the dealership was a $1,000 to $1,250 job parts and labor. That's too expensive for my taste so I thought I would try it myself. Does anyone know the 2015 handlebar torque specs on the handlebar risers. Below are the pics.

· Registered
336 Posts
Those bars look great. I've been eye balling those for my 13 RGU. I know yours is the newer model, but did you have to get new cables or were you able to use stock?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those bars look great. I've been eye balling those for my 13 RGU. I know yours is the newer model, but did you have to get new cables or were you able to use stock?
I did not have to get new cables. There is just enough there. I will say if the bars were 1" taller, then you would have to get longer cables.

· Registered
8,503 Posts
I would like to thank everyone for their help. I've done a lot of reading about handlebar replacement on this forum and you guys gave me the courage to try and replace the handlebars on my 2015 RGS. The stock bars SUCK and the local dealer told me replacing the handlebars at the dealership was a $1,000 to $1,250 job parts and labor. That's too expensive for my taste so I thought I would try it myself. Does anyone know the 2015 handlebar torque specs on the handlebar risers. Below are the pics.

I could not find anything listed for the Risers (I might just be looking in the wrong place).

I did find the following listed in the maintenance manual on page 2-5:

Handlebar lower clamp bolt: 30-40 ft-lbs
Handlebar upper clamp screws: 16-20 fl-lbs

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you think of the bars so far? I was contemplating either getting those bars just the plain version
I LOVE the new bars. I was nervous about putting them on but I am so glad I did. For me the bars more upright makes it easier to get on the bike and its easier to maneuver. I actually wish I would've went a little taller. But that would require replacing lines and making lines longer which I didn't want to do.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are these the "NAKED" bars? What is the reach like for you? Could you post a pic with you on the bike? Just want an idea of height and reach.
These are the Naked bars. I am not able to take a pic with me on it. Out of town. I do however have a picture of I guy ive been talking to on facebook about the bars. He is the same height and inseem of me. Hope he doesn't mind, but itll give you an idea.

· Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
46 Posts
These are the Naked bars. I am not able to take a pic with me on it. Out of town. I do however have a picture of I guy ive been talking to on facebook about the bars. He is the same height and inseem of me. Hope he doesn't mind, but itll give you an idea.

How tall is your facebook buddy and which bars does he have?

· Registered
7 Posts

Do the bars move at all? Did you replace the gussets at all or keep original?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.