Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to type out the Installation Instructions and add pictures. I'll add the review after the installation part is done. Also, sorry about the pictures I didn't plan ahead and have my camera available when I started this.

Things you need before you begin:
Two 3/4in wrenches
One 3/8 Hex Bit Allen Socket
Blue Locktite
Jack
Couple Blocks of Wood
Towell

Install Time about 20 minutes total. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most difficult I'll give this a 1.5. My girlfriend could probably have put this on for me.

STEP 1: You're going to have to support your motorcycle on a lift or jack. Raise the motorcycle until the rear tire is just barely touching the ground.

Step 2: Remove your saddlebags.

Step 3: Remove the LOWER shock bolts from both sides of the bike.

Step 4: Remove and replace the top shock bolts on both sides with the included longer bolts and your ORIGINAL washer. A dab of BLUE locktite would be a good idea here. Slide the SUPPLIED bushing spacer over the new bolt between the shock and the frame. DO NOT, at any time, turn your shock upside down, as this could let oil into the air passages and ruin your shock. Snug the bolt up, but do not tighten at this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 5: Using the SHORT supplied bolt and lock washers, install the lowering plates to the original lower shock mounting points on the your swing arm. (Blue Loctite) The round shaft on the plate will be facing INWARD, and the “notch” in the plate will be facing upward. Do not fully tighten the bolt at this time.

NOTE: The 2nd picture is of the bolt for the TOP of the shock for the previous step.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Step 6: Select the desired ride height. We suggest trying the center hole first. This is the 2 inch setting. If you experience any bottoming out from heavy loads you will want to movie it to the forward most hole. Adjust the jack until the lower shock hole lines up with the hole you selected in the plate. Install the supplied bolt and lock nut snugly. The nut goes towards the wheel. Lower the bike and tighten everything to the factory torque specs.

Pictures show it in the 2 inch position and the nut on the back side.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Review: Very easy installation. I did as suggested and set it to the 2 inch (middle hole) setting. I liked the look and it felt more comfortable. With my mustang seat it was much easier to be flat footed on the ground. Took the girlfriend for a 60 mile ride with 30psi in the shocks and after finding this (Picture), I decided to raise it back up one inch. I’m a little disappointed. With 1 inch I can’t really notice a difference. GF says it’s a little easier for her to get on and off. Didn’t notice a difference in handling with it lowered 2 inches and don’t with it lowered 1 inch. For $40 it was definitely worth it though.

1st picture shows where I believe the tire was rubbing something inside the fender. Gonna have to keep an eye on that. And the second picture shows the shock moved into the 1 inch setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check the length of your seat attach bolt. Happened to me a few years back on my WG and that's what my tire looked like.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts