Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got them installed hardest part was the wiring. Make sure you pull the main fuse. I blew the battery fuse and almost had a heart attack because I thought I broke the speedo. I’m taking them back off this weekend to change bushings. Should have done it at first but did not know about until afterwards. They are solid but give slightly. I don’t want them to move at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got them installed hardest part was the wiring. Make sure you pull the main fuse. I blew the battery fuse and almost had a heart attack because I thought I broke the speedo. I’m taking them back off this weekend to change bushings. Should have done it at first but did not know about until afterwards. They are solid but give slightly. I don’t want them to move at all.
Where are you getting the bushing from? I had a conversation today with a fellow rider today to get composite ones I think he said.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more thing there is no need to cut the wire holder the wires are long enough on the 18. You do need to cut the zip ties around the triple tree for the brake and clutch lines. There is a wire on the brake side you have to unclip to free up the brake line too. It’s simple.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agreed, I wish I went for bigger ones.
I started out with 14s and later changed them out to 16s, no regrets.

A wise man once explained it to me this way... “if your wife wanted breast implants and asked you what you thought about her upgrading to c-cups would you tell her that’s great or hell no, go bigger!!!” I think you know the correct answer...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am 5'10", 32 inseam. I just installed the 13" Holey Rollers Naked. It was a great choice. I regret not buying taller bars in 2017. These bars replace the HD Chizel Lo's.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts