Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after sitting on a new bike @ Appalachian HD and having a spreadsheet with all the brands and measurements, I figured out that the Road 6 Customs Holey Rollers 12" was the right handlebar for my ride. So, I pulled up their webpage, their Ebay page, and their Amazon page. All three had different prices and shipping charges. The highest price was at Amazon, so I bought them from Amazon. WHAT???? Yeah, free shipping, $50 rebate for credit card sign up, and my wife had a $25 gift card for Amazon from my company Christmas party. All this saved me a lot of money from paying for a lower price. $175 shipped. Yeah, I am stoked. So, Holey Rollers coming my way. I've been shopping with my wife too much. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
We stop there every year at Gettysburg bike week. 4 friends bought bikes there. 3 in 2015. 1 in 2012.

Nice dealership and ya get a decent lunch there too.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those bars are sweet, gonna look awesome bro
Thanks. Looking forward to the comfort and style they will provide.

We stop there every year at Gettysburg bike week. 4 friends bought bikes there. 3 in 2015. 1 in 2012.

Nice dealership and ya get a decent lunch there too.
Amazing how many bikes they keep on the floor. Don't get up that far too often, but have bought all my Harleys at Battlefield in Gettysburg.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Thanks. Looking forward to the comfort and style they will provide.

Amazing how many bikes they keep on the floor. Don't get up that far too often, but have bought all my Harleys at Battlefield in Gettysburg.
I bought my used RGU there. Worst purchase ever.

We go there still. But for Moe's Catfish and Red beans and rice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moe's Soulfood!!! Now you're talking. Great food. Yeah, my last purchase left a real bad taste in my mouth. Newish sales manager rides a BMW and acts like a used car salesman. I wanted to stick them with my 2011 RGU with the Stage 4 kit that was never right.

I bought my used RGU there. Worst purchase ever.

We go there still. But for Moe's Catfish and Red beans and rice.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Moe's Soulfood!!! Now you're talking. Great food. Yeah, my last purchase left a real bad taste in my mouth. Newish sales manager rides a BMW and acts like a used car salesman. I wanted to stick them with my 2011 RGU with the Stage 4 kit that was never right.
Did I buy your RGU? T-Man 590s. Blacked out with agitators? Smelled like raw fuel all the time?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG! Yeah, that was mine. They told me some guy in New York bought it. I posted a thread or two on here about my troubles with it. They told me that they fixed it and the problem was the V&H exhaust. That argument didn't hold water. No idea what they put on it before the sale. Sounds like it wasn't any better for you.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I changed the air cleaner.

Yeah, no question, that was my bike. I had a black Ventilator air cleaner on it and took it off and put it on my 2015. I had black V&H Hi Output duals and 4" mufflers. Sounded great. Ran like crap. The bike was in the shop all the time after I had the Stage 4 kit done. The T-Man 590 cams was supposed to fix the issue and give me performance where I wanted it from the H-D cam that came with the kit.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
OMG! Yeah, that was mine. They told me some guy in New York bought it. I posted a thread or two on here about my troubles with it. They told me that they fixed it and the problem was the V&H exhaust. That argument didn't hold water. No idea what they put on it before the sale. Sounds like it wasn't any better for you.
Nope. I put rush true duals on it. And had it on a dyno 8 hours. Issue was they put cams in to big for the valves. Those heads. (Not screaming eagle) were rated for 585 cams. So what was happening was you had intake and exhaust open at the same time. So even at 100mph if you let off you had raw fuel coming out the intake. John is a fucking scumbag liar. I asked them to give you my number to call me. They wouldn't do anything. They didn't even change the oil after you traded it in. Told me it only had 2000 miles on the oil. When I questioned the heads not saying screaming eagle or having the boss on them he said not all do. Well. Yes. They do. Those heads were an upgrade. But not full on screaming eagle. They put all stock shit back on it. Broke a bolt in the oil pan under the bike. The rear brake caliper was up and out of the slot and the line clamps were popped off. Fucking nightmare. I put a bunch of shit on it and just dumped it off and cut my losses. But my dealership got it a lot better. And the guy who bought it loves it. It's great if you bang high rpms a lot. And he does. It's a stripped down Bar hopper now.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

I went this far to see if their really was 590 cams in it.

Chances are the tuner didn't know own what he was doing. And the "top motor guy" lmao. John said did the work didn't understand lift, duration, valve size and timing. Guy at my dealership designs cam profiles for Hemi race motors. And has been in the Harley game a long time building Stroker shovelheads for drag bikes back in the day.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! And I kept asking who bought it because I wanted to tell them what was up. They only would tell me that some guy in NY bought it. Not Ohio. WTF. Yeah, John is an A$$. He ignores me and stays clear when I am up there now. So, I complained about his behavior. So many other things I want to say about him, but rather not get my blood pressure any higher. Super Bowl doing a good job already.

So, both of us lost on that bike. Glad to hear the 3rd owner is happy with that thing. I had numerous valve problems, head issues, fueling issues, tuning issues, and who knows what else. I have performance parts in the garage to install on my '15. Guess who is NOT doing the work on the bike!

Interesting that both of us went to non-Ultras after that bike. Hope you're getting the enjoyment out of the new bike that neither of us received with the Ultra. I know I am!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boy am I. I absolutely love this bike. If you're going to be at bike week we should walk into the dealership together and say hi to John. Lol. Then go have a beer.
Hell yeah! We NEED to do that. I will go to Bike Week just for that!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
They sure didn't count on us "meeting". lol Yeah, anything I can do, let me know.

Here are threads on our bike with the Stage 4 kit: http://www.roadglide.org/26-engine-related/176145-fix-2015-fix.html and http://www.roadglide.org/26-engine-related/103433-103-stage-4-a.html and http://www.roadglide.org/3-*general-road-glide-discussions-pictures/212290-done-my-2011-a-2.html

If you contact corporate, these may help as a timeline.
I have threads here and at HDFORUMS too.

AND GO PATS.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I just remembered a conversation with Jack ass. The mechanic told him it's not a true stage 4. Just big cams, valve Springs, adjustable push rods and bigger valves. I was told flat out it was not a stage 4 build.

What dyno numbers did you get? My last one was 100hp/110tq.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts