Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was looking at those also, check out KST. I ended up going with KST 11 inch apes. The center section is 1 1/4 and the hole for the wiring is in front just like factory. I got the polished stainless but you can get black if you want. Nothing else to buy or change, just bolt them on, great quality, love em.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just put these on my 2015 RG this week. Good quality bars with a nice finish that compliments the Vivid Black of my bike. The brushed aluminum end caps are added after the install, making the wiring a breeze. I only had to use a chase wire for the right-side switch wire.
I'm using the 11" bars. They say you can go to 13" using all stick wiring and brake lines. My brake lines are extended as far as they'll go. Any longer reach and I think you'd need to replace those.

Ride-wise? HUGE improvement over stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the 13" standard apes in gloss black. Great bar, perfect for me. Also, very easy to run wires. Quality product. Do yourself a favor and ditch the Rushmore hand control clamps and order bars w/o holes. If that doesn't matter to you PM me and I'll give you a kicking deal on my 3 week old bars. I'm ordering new 13" standard apes w/o the holes for the the Rushmore hand control clamps.

Scoots

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the 13" standard apes in gloss black. Great bar, perfect for me. Also, very easy to run wires. Quality product. Do yourself a favor and ditch the Rushmore hand control clamps and order bars w/o holes. If that doesn't matter to you PM me and I'll give you a kicking deal on my 3 week old bars. I'm ordering new 13" standard apes w/o the holes for the the Rushmore hand control clamps.

Scoots
D

It's very easy to break those tabs off. Just grab it with vise grip and twist. You can then keep clamps and adjust controls however you want. I actually used a dremel tool and smoothed out the nub after breaking off the tab.

·
Registered
476 Posts

Scoots
Good to know that they can be ordered sans clamp holes. I prefer the look of the older style clamps myself and have been considering the 11" pretty hard. Why do you feel they weight makes a difference?

·
Registered
222 Posts
They weigh over a pound each. To me makes handling sluggish at slow speeds and turns. That's 2 (unnecessary) pounds on top of 13" bars. At idle at a stop the bars also flutter with those weights on top. That can't be good. On the highway, obviously, it's not a problem.

Maybe it's just me but the weight difference is huge. Right now I have the old style clamps on and electrical tape over the holes. There is a 1/4" gap between the old style clamps and the step-up to the 1.25" dia. That doesn't bother me.

Scoots

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.