Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the 13" on their bike? Wanted to see about their quality and their claim that the 13" bars are as tall as you can go with your stock hydraulic lines and your stock wiring reaches as well. If you have them, I wouldn't mind see a picture either. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry no pics to post up, but I do have them on my '15. Just like they say, the only thing needed is the bars, no wiring extensions or longer lines. I bought them raw and had them chromed locally. The install took less than an hour from start to finish. I'm 6' tall and with my Danny Gray seat my hands are about level with my shoulders, maybe just a hair lower. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry no pics to post up, but I do have them on my '15. Just like they say, the only thing needed is the bars, no wiring extensions or longer lines. I bought them raw and had them chromed locally. The install took less than an hour from start to finish. I'm 6' tall and with my Danny Gray seat my hands are about level with my shoulders, maybe just a hair lower. I am very happy with them.
You have the 13" bars?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put a set on my '15 as well..13" no extensions needed...took no time and i couldnt be more pleased with them. gotten a ton of compliments on them, perfect height for me im right at 5'11 and if the info helps i still run the stock seat. unable to post a picture on here but could email you one if you would like. seriously though, get the 13's you'll be very pleased

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered a set of 13s for my 15 Road Glide. Hoping these will be an easy install for me since my dealership wants 8.5 hours for install. I know most bars can be a pain especially when they have the points on them like Yaffe.

Decided to go with these because as I walked out to check out bars in the service area, 5 of 6 customer bikes had Monkey Bars. It's getting too played out here in SoCal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed 13"

Just got done installing a set of 13" on my 15 Road Glide.

They look great but when I went to test them out the throttle grip is starting to spin. If I push it closer together it's as if it catches the splines but the FBW still turns inside.

I just tried using an o-ring to keep it snug but it only lasted a block. Anyone have this issue? Maybe I will try and pull the wires through the bottom of the bars to give it less slack later tonight and see if that works.

I know they mentioned you could get away with using all stock controls and wiring but this is looking more and more like you need to use the SE FBW assembly to get it to work.

:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.