Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice look! I have the 13" Holey Rollers going on my bike this week. Hope they are as comfortable as your choice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks good! I have the same ones in 13" on mine. I like how they have a very detailed video on how to install them on youtube for the first time DIYers.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Just installed the 11" standard apes by Road 6, easy install and great bang for the buck...
Very comfortable, way better wrist angle than the stock bars.
Great choice. I have the 13" version on my bike. I'm very happy with my decision. Install was much easier than a couple of the pointed bar installs I did for friends after I did mine.

Can you get a side shot of your bike with the front tire pointed straight forward? I'd like to see how far you rolled your bars forward or back? A couple of pointers;

1. If you didn't remove the bar pin you can pull that pin (the one in the riser) and get more adjustment forward and back.

2. If you want more adjustment in your handlebar switches, you can grind or break off the locating pins on the switch housings as well. That gives you a lot more adjustment in the position of not only the switches, but also the brake/clutch lever and even height of the mirrors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. We'll be installing the 13's this weekend on the wife's cousins bike.
I think you will find it is a pretty easy swap, no sharp bends on the standard apes so the wires pull through with ease.
The only "challenge" is removing the pins form the throttle connection, and that wasn't even a big deal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great! Good feeling to diy. I think you will find that antenna annoying. Easy fix on u tube. Mine works just as well hidden under seat.
I have been thinking about doing that antenna fix for a while I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I will give it a go and see how it works out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good! I have the same ones in 13" on mine. I like how they have a very detailed video on how to install them on youtube for the first time DIYers.
I watched the video for Road 6 and the one for Factory 47 and combined some ideas from both to make it work for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great choice. I have the 13" version on my bike. I'm very happy with my decision. Install was much easier than a couple of the pointed bar installs I did for friends after I did mine.

Can you get a side shot of your bike with the front tire pointed straight forward? I'd like to see how far you rolled your bars forward or back? A couple of pointers;

1. If you didn't remove the bar pin you can pull that pin (the one in the riser) and get more adjustment forward and back.

2. If you want more adjustment in your handlebar switches, you can grind or break off the locating pins on the switch housings as well. That gives you a lot more adjustment in the position of not only the switches, but also the brake/clutch lever and even height of the mirrors.
I got a side view pic for you, I lined up the bars about the same angle as the forks, it puts my hands in a good spot and I reach a little farther forward than the stock bars.
I had to remove the pin to install these bars, there is no hole for the pin so I have free movement to adjust as I please.
I may play with the switch house clamps and I might have to remove those pins to adjust a little more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Looks great GG! Thanks for the extra picture. If you can get past the butt pucker factor of intentionally breaking a part off your bike, getting rid of the locating pins on the switch housings really does give you a lot of adjustment to their positioning :) It can make you a little nervous though :)

And no worries, as long as the switch housing fasteners are re-torqued to spec. they aren't going anywhere even missing the locating pins.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Black bars look good on that superior blue. I did the antenna relocate, I did lose some reception. I think it depends on how strong the signals are in your area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Black bars look good on that superior blue. I did the antenna relocate, I did lose some reception. I think it depends on how strong the signals are in your area.
Thanks, I was a little worried about the black when I bought them, but now that they are on I liked the black with the hints of chrome here and there.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What is the method for breaking off the pins on the control housing?
Hey Bucket. You can grind off the pins or do like me. Just put the switch housing on a pad and soft cloth, take a small hammer and hit the pin from the side. It will snap off clean with the inside of the switch housing. Touch up rough area with sandpaper, grinder or Dremel if needed or wanted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts