Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at The fairing storage pouch for road glide. Harley 93300097 anyone try this and how did you like it? Thanks Bob

·
Registered
177 Posts
They may have improved them, but a guy I know had one that came apart sitting in his garage. Apparently was glued together. I don't think they are cheap to buy...

·
Registered
209 Posts
The glue they use apparently is not high temp and the sunlight melts it. I haven't re-glued mine yet as its winter here. I just wanted mine for glasses so works ok but I also picked mine up for $85 not $155

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I like it, but the pockets are surprisingly small. Can't really get glasses in mine. And they are poorly made. Came with my bike from previous owner. Even with the issues I'd probably get one if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
wallet in the trunk with cooler for drink and snacks. I use an old shaving kit bag for a brush and wifes things. cd case and keys in one fairing compartment and glasses and easy pass in the other. i thought about buying one, saw all the bad reports on them , and thought, why ? what would i use those small pockets for , gum ?:grin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had mine for about a year and I keep day glasses in one side and night glasses in the other. I like the look. Like others have said, they do have a few warts, but works for what I need and I wipe it down regularly which is a reason I think mine has lasted so well. All weather conditions, I call my bike "the rainmaker" because in 32k miles, I feel like half of them have been in rain.

I will replace it with a new one when this one finally gives up the ghost, but that may be a while.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just threw mine in the trash, what a pile of crap it was. Magnets come out, material lifts off of the base, pockets to small to be useful. I took it off when I had my painted fairing installed, I didn’t want to put it back on and have it scuff up the paint...sat on the shelf for a few months until I finally tossed it.

Do some searching, I and many other have written about it before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 year with them... same issue with the magnets, but also starting to see discoloration from sun.

Its good the little extra space, in the right I have amber glass for night, in the left only soft stuff since it gets in the way operating the mechanism for open/close the center vent

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Have one had, it for some time. It will not standup to a lot of miles in the sun and weather. I am looking to get mine recovered, the covering let go and started to come apart.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer ordered one for me, but I said the pockets were way too small for that price. I did find and purchase the storage pockets from Kuryakyn that fit on the lower fairings. They seem to be well made and the price is excellent at about $60 for a pair of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts