Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Road Glide Fat Ape bars? It is a Harley part. I like the look and I'm just wondering how they feel. I'm 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam and thinking about some type of apes. 30 years of riding HDs and always kept stock bars so any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey, I am going to put them in my RGU 2017 before Xmas. I have already ordered them in Chrome. I can't wait to get them in.

I am 6.3, but you shouldn't worry as their pull back is quite large (9.25"). I am not sure about the possition of your hands with regards to your shoulders. In my case, I am pretty sure there will be below my shoulders.

My RGU have higher stock bars than the RGS (11.75 in my RGU vs 10.25 or so in the RGS).

Send you some pictures with the stock ones (I have a detachable Tour Pack):

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics. I actually wound up going with the Klock Werks Klip Hanger bars. I like the look and also that they are very adjustable to many different positions. I personally don't know anyone who has them so I hope I like them. I will post pics once they are installed. I'm still not sure if I want to pay or do it myself. Dealer gave me a price of $954 and indy shop $180. As I have said on many other post, dealers are thieves that should be avoided whenever possible!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I actually wound up going with the Klock Werks Klip Hanger bars. I like the look and also that they are very adjustable to many different positions. I personally don't know anyone who has them so I hope I like them. I will post pics once they are installed. I'm still not sure if I want to pay or do it myself. Dealer gave me a price of $954 and indy shop $180. As I have said on many other post, dealers are thieves that should be avoided whenever possible!
Looking forward to seeing what these look like. I got some 12" bars but the wrist angle bothers me. Seems this wouldn't be a problem with Klock Works.

Did you get 10 or 14"?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Pics?...lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm just finishing up putting the 13 inch road6 customs bars on mine..along with a few other mods this winter.the project is kinda snow balling on me though.

At 6'3",these are hitting me around upper chest hieght,depending on which seat is on it.I'm gonna love em.

at 340 for the bars and kit,way cheaper than moco.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same idea as you with the taller bars. Last winter I installed RGU bars. They are a 12" rise. I also pulled the alignment pin so I could roll them. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. The bars are a little lower than my shoulders.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm sitting here waiting for "the call" to come pic her up. I should have pics loaded by tonight.
So please, send them tonight or whenever you get them.

It seems you an me are going to get bars + Stage II.

Here some pics of my bike with the stock bars (pls send pics of yours while waiting with the old bars, so we can see the difference):

http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332906&d=1508694719
http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=332922&d=1508694748
http://www.roadglide.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=336362&d=1511020281

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm just finishing up putting the 13 inch road6 customs bars on mine..along with a few other mods this winter.the project is kinda snow balling on me though.

At 6'3",these are hitting me around upper chest hieght,depending on which seat is on it.I'm gonna love em.

at 340 for the bars and kit,way cheaper than moco.
I've had my 13" Road6 bars for almost two years now. They have been pretty great. At 6'1" I probably could have easily done 16" bars, but didn't want to hassle with the extended brake and clutch lines at the time.

Install was a breeze.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Did you go with the fat apes? If so did you install them yourself? In the middle of an install and having an issue with the clutch line being too short. (went with the one recommended by Harley
Problem with the Harley bars is pull back and width. But if you went with extended lines (even +2") there should be enough there if you do some creative routing.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Did you go with the fat apes? If so did you install them yourself? In the middle of an install and having an issue with the clutch line being too short. (went with the one recommended by Harley
I've got the 15" HD Fat Apes.

The bike is in the dealer. They are installing them and the Stage II Torque. I am picking it up next Thursday.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had the same idea as you with the taller bars. Last winter I installed RGU bars. They are a 12" rise. I also pulled the alignment pin so I could roll them. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. The bars are a little lower than my shoulders.
Is it necessary to remove the pin to bend it forward a little bit?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts