Road Glide banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill,
Has anyone talked with Harley to see if they are getting any closer to a fix for the fairing. I really like the radio and the way the Ultra looks for 2014. Have heard nothing but good from their riders. I love my 2010 RG, which was upgraded to a 103 stage 2. I figure it will be easier to buy a new bike rather than mount a new fairing to my existing bike. I don't need to know all the particulars, Yes I would like to know, I need to know that they are still working hard on getting the RG back on the lineup.
Bill can you call them? Tell them who you are and that you head this forum and would like to give us some piece of mind. Thanks Bill. We still need to get together sometime and ride. Maybe up the trace and eat at ratliff fairy o eat at the crab shack.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't think they are "fixing" anything. I'm willing to bet that EVERYTHING from the ground to the bottom of the fairing is exactly the same on the new Road Glide as it is on the new Street Glide. The fairing may have some small adjustments to fit the infotainment center, maybe fewer gauges since some readings are included in the infotainment module, and then they are sticking the same front vent system in. All the time they're taking is just to adjust manufacturing lines and molds and all the other stuff they need to change to produce the bike...

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
OK, so what's the issue(s) with the fairing?
HD is redesigning the fairing so it will handle the new infotainment center from what I understand and who know if they are doing the new RG as Twin Cooled bike.
We will all know when the new RG comes out in August ;)

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After the yearly Harley meeting, the owner of our Harley shop told me and a couple of others that the molds on the new fairing were causing problems with the new fairing. That three out of four were coming out of the molds cracked. Same shape as before with the addition of the frontal vent. Along with all new interior to hold the new radio and information center and interior vents. My thinking is that the new fairing should be made of kevlar and polystyrene. Light weight and very durable

·
Registered
352 Posts
My guess, V-Rod motor with bigger bore and better tune for bottom end power. Slightly revised fairing for Infotainment. Hopefully better bars.
It will be Harley's attempt at a full on Sport Touring water pumper.

·
Registered
654 Posts
As the Bat Wing fairings now have a vent built in, my bet is the new Road Glide will also have a built in fairing vent to reduce buffeting.

·
Registered
525 Posts
My local sales manager says they have issued only two model designations for the 2015 Roadglide, FLTRX and FLTRXS, (just like the Street Glide Special) so sounds like no Ultra style touring machine for 2015 (unless they do the SE version).:mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My local sales manager says they have issued only two model designations for the 2015 Roadglide, FLTRX and FLTRXS, (just like the Street Glide Special) so sounds like no Ultra style touring machine for 2015 (unless they do the SE version).:mad:
I sure hope your local sales manager is wrong and they have an Ultra!

·
Registered
411 Posts
OMG!!!! Not again????

I know a guy who knew a guy who talked to another guy who's mothers hairdresser.............. Yadayadablahblah.............. This is getting SO tiring............... Yawn!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
That's because the "ultra" version is going to be called something else, anyhow that's what I was told yesterday by an un-named source who just happened to be high on bath salts as he was trying to eat my dog's face.

·
Gray Beard
1,521 Posts
My guess, V-Rod motor with bigger bore and better tune for bottom end power. Slightly revised fairing for Infotainment. Hopefully better bars.

It will be Harley's attempt at a full on Sport Touring water pumper.

Hate to jump into a lock ness monster thread , but this ^^^ would actually catch interest enough to trade up , I think it's a bad ass engine 200+ horse power!!! Who wouldn't want that road glide???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
214 Posts
I heard the the ultra will have smoke screens, oil slick and a rocket launcher in the front. The CVO will have all of that and can transform into a submarine. NO wait, that was the James Bond movie I was watching last night.:p I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.