Road Glide banner

8261 - 8280 of 8286 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nice bike. What's up with the shifter ? You like them high ?
Yes. I move my foot around during long rides. It’s high so I can place my boot under the shifter.

Reactions: Big_gary

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
Yes. I move my foot around during long rides. It’s high so I can place my boot under the shifter.
It actually looks really good like that too. I take it you don't kick ?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I used to solve that problem by removing it. I solved it recently by buying a 2020. :)
I use the heal shifter all the time. I never lift with my toe to shift.
And I’m going to the Premier of the 2021 models. I’ve already told the salesman to look out, and be ready with best deal and trade value. 😁

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
9 Posts
Added Road King Special bars to my Road Glide Special. For me, these bars are the perfect relationship between seating position, bars, and footboards. It was an easy install.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
FLTRU 2019 Vivid Black
62 Posts
Cool! Now- what is it next to? What is that and the plan for it?
Its a -51 Plymouth savoy suburban.
I have posted a few pics of it here on forum, believe under “cars”?
I’m converting it to V8 and automatic, just going to make a reliable cool cruiser of it 😃

·
Registered
FLTRU 2019 Vivid Black
62 Posts
There’s gotta be a way to jam the vents open. Haven’t thought of it yet tho
Took the “push” buttons apart, the grease is kind of dry and dirty, the tiny plastic parts don’t slide as they supposed to, the bad grease kind a makes a friction, gonna clean them and put in some new grease in, it should fix the problem.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,317 Posts
Took the “push” buttons apart, the grease is kind of dry and dirty, the tiny plastic parts don’t slide as they supposed to, the bad grease kind a makes a friction, gonna clean them and put in some new grease in, it should fix the problem.
That is what I did on both my bikes. It fixed the problem, I don't know how long it will last but if they stay open I am happy with never closing them again (y)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Its a -51 Plymouth savoy suburban.
I have posted a few pics of it here on forum, believe under “cars”?
I’m converting it to V8 and automatic, just going to make a reliable cool cruiser of it
Ahhh.. okay!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

8261 - 8280 of 8286 Posts