Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a new seat from a 2018 Rglide fit a 2009 Rglide without any modifications?

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Yes a 2018 seat should fit on a 2009, the frame dimensions in the seating area have not changed since 2009. Improvements have been made to the suspension,namely the rear shocks and the bushings in the rear pivot. The dimensions between the tank tongue and the rear seat screw remain the same. Where you can run into trouble is if you intend to run a rider backrest, some backrests don't fit well retroactively and some seat pans on the newer seats won't accept the older rider backrests. for instance, supposedly newer style HD Hammock seats don't play well with 2009-2013 rider backrests.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Bagger seats are interchangeable 2008 up. Road kings are odd man out due to their short dash. Plus what he said ^^^

Reactions: calgaryglide

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bagger seats are interchangeable 2008 up. Road kings are odd man out due to their short dash. Plus what he said ^^^
I sold my 2008 FLTR anniversary with its original seat, and removed my well worn Mustang Classic with back rest.
When i got home on my new 2018 Road Glide Special, i thought to try my familiar Mustang with the new bike. To my amazement, the seat fit!!! As is said, if the seat fits, sit on it.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts