Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I traded in my 2008 for a 2012 and what I am wondering is does anyone know if I can still use the 2008 touring service manual for most things on my new bike aside from swingarm,frame,and engine services? For instance I don't the wiring has changed because I took the plug & Play Run,Brake,Turn module off of my 2008 and put it on my 2012 and it works just fine. Of corse the dealer wants me to buy a new book at $68,so any info would help.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
There are going to be a few thing that are different but I would think that most of the info would be the same.

·
Administrator
10,473 Posts
I have the 08 manual as well , as you note there are a few diffs , mostly the same info tho'

JtB

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was hoping. I didn't think that everything would be completely different,but mostly I was worried about the wiring and the ABS,didn't know if they changed thos items from 08 to 12. Thanks guys,maybe we could get a sticky going to post things we find that are different between older manuals and newer manuals as the bikes get upgraded. Just a thought. More money in our pockets and less to the dealer when we know how to fix our own stuff.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think most of the engine part of the manual will conincide, but remember you have a chassis change, and starting in 2011 they changed the wiring from Deuscth connectors to Molex.

Fyi the chassis and electrical manuals are now seperate, if you just wanted to get the wiring manual, you can find the part # in the back of your owners manual. I ordered mine from Zanotti's for $46.20 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
One thing to note. The primary holds 6 oz more oil in the new bikes than the 08.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I still use my 07 manual on my 2010. The electric stuff is different but I have friends who know electric much better than me. I guess it depends on what you're doing do your bike and what knowledge/skills you already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts