Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally ready to start selling these kits again!!

There were some issues with different windshields needing a longer screw in order to be able to install this kit so a few changes were made over the past month to make sure fit would not be an issue anymore

Here's how the kits can now be purchased:

1 kit = $18 shipped
1 kit + 5 additional well nuts = $25 shipped

I will post the eBay listings below, only thing to make sure of is if you have a MadStad Windshield please provide that in the comment box through eBay before submitting ur order. If you don't have a Madstad then nothing has to be done.....

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1387687105.663260.jpg
1 kit + 5 extra well nuts ----> http://bit.ly/1ctfzsw

1 kit for $18 ----> http://bit.ly/19kFUIN
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1387687504.427071.jpg

If anyone has any questions please let me know!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Whats special about these ? Also whats different about the ones for the Madstad. Thanks BG

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Whats special about these ? Also whats different about the ones for the Madstad. Thanks BG
Looks like something I can get at Ace or True Value Hardware stores for a $1.25 each. Sorry I have no need for wellnuts.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Big gary - this kit just helps with the fact the well nuts tend to drop down inside the fairing, either on install or uninstall of the windshield. Also, These well nuts usually last much longer ( if torqued down properly and not over torqued ) then OE well nuts and can be reused multiple times. The last thing I would mention is the washers keep from scratching the outside of the windshield. The stock washers are hard plastic and tend to scratch up the bottom portion of the windshield.
The only difference in the madstad kits is they come with a .25" longer screw. The normal screw will not work, all other hardware is the same

The idea for these kits all came about in a thread on here where guys were having problems with the stock hardware and the only decent kit available was double the price of this one. I started looking at all the hardware and had a buddy of mine find and later start selling me these well nuts at a discounted priced and then here we are. The whole idea isnt to make money on these kits, its to give back to everyone here on the forum by providing an affordable kit that takes care of the well falling in the fairing issue, the other benefits are just an added bonus. I certainly don't do this for the money, After supply's, shipping , etc. there is a very small window for profit, and its priced that way for a reason.

IRONMARK- if I was running a business I could see how ur useless brain fart type of remark could be looked down upon, especially when expressing yourself in all caps as u give ur invaluable opinion that is normally expressed like that only by those individuals that need to spend less time on the internet and more time getting laid. But since this is far from what I would call a business, go ahead and tell us how u really feel little guy. I mean, its not like you pop in/out of as many threads as possible telling everyone to go check out ur cool, neat-o way of how u mounted ur shield without well nuts...... So here ya go, now is ur chance...... (Drum-Roll please)
Everyone welcome mark and the non well nut mounted windshield............

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Looks like you are running a upstart business by advertising on ebay as well as the forum. I am sure you are not making a big profit and you feel that you are providing a valuable service to Roadglide owners everywhere. Good luck and may your business be successful.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Thanks for your quick responce Scottin. I never liked the oem well nuts either. They always seemed like you could not get them tight enough , especially on the Madstads metal base.
I think ill give them a shot.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much for Canada shipping?
I shipped one just a few days ago to montreal amd it was $19 and some change like $19.65 i think but $20 will cover it and if u live further than Montreal it very little price difference so if its more than $20 it will only be $1 so $20 will cover it. That is USPS if u guys know of a cheaper alternative then let me know. Ill search around in the meantime and see what I can find out

·
Registered
12 Posts
I shipped one just a few days ago to montreal amd it was $19 and some change like $19.65 i think but $20 will cover it and if u live further than Montreal it very little price difference so if its more than $20 it will only be $1 so $20 will cover it. That is USPS if u guys know of a cheaper alternative then let me know. Ill search around in the meantime and see what I can find out

PM me your paypal.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Scootin, I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just placed my order on the Bay... Thanks for your efforts! Look forward to getting em on

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Got the kit and the new well nuts look beefy. Very happy.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Got my kit today and they're WAY better quality than stock and a good price! Thanks, Jared!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts