Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife complains the my 2004 Road Glide vibrates her feet off the running boards at cruise speeds. Have changed rims and tires with no change.
Thank You for any advice

·
Registered
357 Posts
What about your feet? Are you feeling excessive vibration? If not, try Velcro...???
Seriously though, do you think there is a problem or just her? Have you checked the floorboard bolts? They have been known to loosen.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My wife complains the my 2004 Road Glide vibrates her feet off the running boards at cruise speeds. Have changed rims and tires with no change.

Thank You for any advice

Have you look at your engine rubber mounts

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
have you made any recent modifications to your exhaust or intake , if your bike is running lean at cruising speeds it will cause vibration, another source of vibration can be the crank if it has shifted.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thank You for any advice
I actually lost a nut to the bike once and it landed between the back primary and frame, at higher RPMs it would vibrate like crazy, even I felt that one though, but only at higher RPMs.

Good luck, and like others have said before maybe you should just get a 2018 CVO >:)

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Thank You for any advice
The key is, shake your head "yes" at everything your wife says but don't actually listen. That technique has gotten me through 25 years of marriage.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
The key is, shake your head "yes" at everything your wife says but don't actually listen. That technique has gotten me through 25 years of marriage.
Man that’s a good one

And I agree for the most point

Look right at her, and if she states something more then once, look right at her and don’t respond

Lol

How many times in this 25 years have you stated, I heard you the first time

After saying that for 25 years + I just don’t respond

My wife gets the point right away and stops

Lol

It works for me

Swomack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts