Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
They were trying to make a deal before the holiday, and i kept telling them i didnt like the color :). They let me take it out unsupervised for a few hours! When i got back they had a deal better than what i was shooting for. Foothills BMW and Triumph here in denver area had a reputation for being very Beemerish i guess you could say. They're working to change that and i can say the experience was pleasurable. The sales guy came with me in my car and we both rode my trades back to the dealer (17 trophy, 08 Sportster 1200). its clear they need inventory. I was able to ride my new bike home,They were better than the HD dealers by me by far
Good deal. Go with whomever treats you with respect and honor. Not the name on the door.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Goldwings are excellent bikes, just purchased a Roadglide limited 2022 after riding the Goldwing did not care for the seat and all plastic. The mechanics of the engine are plus over the HD and the reverse gear is super, but in the final choice just favored the HOG.

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
172 Posts
Give it a try. It adds a little excitement and trains you to be going the right speed for the curves. :eek: o_O I'm not saying to go faster than you are comfortable with, but many naturally bleed off speed while navigating the curve instead of keeping the same speed or even speeding up. It does bring something different to the riding experience. :cool:

Anyone can brake hard, go through the curve and then speed up, but there is something about maintaining the optimum speed for the curves that just feels right.
kinda sounds like fun. i have a series of curves on my commute that i could use to test this out. interesting

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
kinda sounds like fun. i have a series of curves on my commute that i could use to test this out. interesting
What @twowheeladdict said is correct and kind of goes back to the MSF Beginner Riding Course. Brake, then roll on the throttle through the curves to keep weight to the rear wheel. Years ago, I became a member of the fast group of those I rode with mostly by keeping the rear wheel planted by using the throttle in the corners. Sure is a lot more fun and enjoyable to ride when you get in the zone. Keep practicing on those local curves until you can't wipe the grin off of your face.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I say buy them all and ride the one you feel like riding that day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently bought some parts off a guy who obviously had more money than he knew what to do with. He was about 35 and had a bunch of new bikes in his garage. He had a new Ducati Diaval, Aprilla Tuono, BMW GS1250 KTM 300 dirt bike, 4 Vespa scooters and an new Goldwing that replaced his CVO street glide. He said the Goldwing was the finest motorcycle he had ever ridden bar none. This really surprised me because at his age he's not really the demographic for a Wing but the new ones are much more sporty and lost almost 100lbs over the old ones. I might have to test ride one.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
783 Posts
Nice photo. Did you all swap to stainless brake lines on the gray bike?

If you don't want to swap brands, don't test ride anything else. ;)
Wouldn’t change brands for anything
The last time I was on a Honda I was 16.I had friends that chopped754’s that were beautiful.Me and my brother bought a pair of Triumph tridents in 77 hid them in my friends garage so my parents wouldn’t find out. Due to the poor picture copy on my part.What looks to be grey is my wife’s 2021Bronze Armor CVO a really great bike as is needs nothing but open road.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I have a buddy in my riding group that has a 19 Mako CVO RG, an Aprilla (d/k model), a stretched out HD chopper, a 20 Low Rider S and a new GoldWing. When he has his wife, he rides the GoldWing because she likes it.
But I've noticed lately, he has been ridding nothing but the GoldWing.....that says something

I'll add, I tried to buy his Mako RG before I bought my 20, but he refuses to sell any of his bikes.....He only buys

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
783 Posts
I have a buddy in my riding group that has a 19 Mako CVO RG, an Aprilla (d/k model), a stretched out HD chopper, a 20 Low Rider S and a new GoldWing. When he has his wife, he rides the GoldWing because she likes it.
But I've noticed lately, he has been ridding nothing but the GoldWing.....that says something

I'll add, I tried to buy his Mako RG before I bought my 20, but he refuses to sell any of his bikes.....He only buys
The two bikes in the picture my zephyr blue 2020 is Harley #6and my wife’s 2021 CVO is Harley #7 I had to trade one to get the next one.I consider myself both blessed and lucky to be able to participate in a sport we both love.The cost of collecting… buying a vehicle(s) you enjoy is more than keeping up with the maintenance, insurance and other associated costs it’s housing, storage.We have been treated fairly at trade time by the dealers. We surrender pristine bikes mildly customized to our liking.We have pictures and memories of them all minus the head ache.For me Goldwings have no soul .

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
.For me Goldwings have no soul .
Van says none of his bikes has a soul like his RG, but all he rides now is his GW
btw....Iam on Harley #15 and bought my first metric bike a couple months ago........and I hate it 😂

·
Registered
783 Posts
I thought I posted a comment on RoadGlide.org

101 - 115 of 115 Posts