Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demo fleet was in Wichita Ks friday. Had to ride a 15 for the first time. Strong motor but man the wind to your head and chest was just awful. Then I jumped on a Streetglide and all was well. Don't know if a larger windshield would help but I would have to ride one with a real windshield before I would consider purchase. Made my 08 seem like a keeper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rode my first 15 Shark today

I also test rode a RGS at the dealership yesterday. Found it needs a taller windshield to get the wind off of my helmet and chest. If you duck down to eye level with the tiny windscreen the turbulence goes away and you can hear the stereo and engine clearly. Sales guy agreed said its that way for looks only.
The rear suspension is also very firm but read if you back off the rebound damping knob its smoother. Love the new engine response and bike handled like a dream. I do not think it's anything that cannot be changed to make it a great touring bike. Love to move up to it from my Heritage

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Demo fleet was in Wichita Ks friday. Had to ride a 15 for the first time. Strong motor but man the wind to your head and chest was just awful. Then I jumped on a Streetglide and all was well. Don't know if a larger windshield would help but I would have to ride one with a real windshield before I would consider purchase. Made my 08 seem like a keeper.
its just a matter of changing out the windshield is all, that's the 1st thing I changed on mine. Put that little windshield on your 08 and you'd be saying the same thing about it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I kind of like the stock shield. yes you get a lot of wind and I would like to have a stock style shield about 2" taller in dark tint but I'm not sure I can tolerate any other shield I've seen so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts