Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the road tech mount install. I'm trying to locate a good spot for power and ground. I have attached a pic for reference. The blue arrow points to two wires coming out of the headlight wires. Can I snip the ends off and connect the gps wires to these for constant power?

The red arrow points to what I believe is an accessory power point. Should I buy the accessory connector and connect to this for power?

Any help is appreciated. God forbid Harley include install instructions with the $600 GPS.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1387747534.183951.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
There should be a lead in that bird's nest with an orange connector that is not used. It will power on with the ignition. The mating connector should be available at your local parts store. Used it for amp remote signal in the past. Manual is in storage since move so I'm going from memory.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed my unit via the included instructions. It does require removal of the tank console and running the power lead through the plastic wire tunnel. There is a spare place in the fuse block and an included wire with pin attached that will go right in the fuse block. This is for the positive lead and the ground simply goes to the battery. My unit powers on and off with the key lock switch.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed my unit via the included instructions. It does require removal of the tank console and running the power lead through the plastic wire tunnel. There is a spare place in the fuse block and an included wire with pin attached that will go right in the fuse block. This is for the positive lead and the ground simply goes to the battery. My unit powers on and off with the key lock switch.
Those items came with the 660? I ask because I have no install instructions nor a supplied wire.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
410 Posts
Look up the handle bar kit instructions, you will need a 5.00 jumper cable for the fuse box hook up. Simple install and was easy.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Cigarette lighter wires, and a couple of T-taps. Red is switched hot, black is ground. Don't over think it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used the fuse box adapter and ran hot back to fuse box, hooked ground up to the main frame ground. Pain to install, but clean install and easy to access the fuse.

·
Banned
845 Posts
use the cig lighter like mentioned above if ur still having trouble. buy a couple easy splice connectors, they are water proof and provide a very clean and easy way to splice into a wire...... the cig lighter has more power then it needs going to it, anytime the accessory plugs are used this is the next best thing..... it goes on and off with the ignition like you need

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts