Road Glide banner

Would youopen youo home (guest room) to other members of this forum who were passing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how many folks on this forum would actually open there home up to others who were passing through on a road trip.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm one to try and help others whenever possible and have opened my home up to others, however I am a bit apprehensive and distrustful of anybody that I do not know closely. My answer is depends. I'd want to be familiar with whomever was staying overnight. That said, I'd be happy to have just about anybody over for an afternoon or to have a wrenching session in the garage. Just careful about who is spending the night within 20 feet of either of my teenage kids.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
It all depends. Just because Ive never met someone doesnt mean an absolute no. There are some guys on here we havent met but wouldnt hesitate to invite in.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
This is a real good question. I have an 11-year old daughter, and her safety is always my first concern. I voted for "only if I had met them before", but would consider people I have conversed with on the forum on a case by case basis if there was a real need. Now my yard is always open for those who like to tent it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had thought about offering the yard up for a tent then realized I don't have the yard for it. But for those that do, thats a cool idea too. Can you imagine the network of possible places to stop for a night.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Call me gullible but I like to think of bikers as family. Someone on this forum even more so. I'd let you stay but know that I'm locked and loaded. LOL

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I may be a bit jaded but I have had people I considered "friends" who have tried to take advantage. I am open to the idea, but it would prolly be a case to case basis. Anyone from the forum is welcome to let me know if they a place to stay and certainly can help with trailer or wrenching.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I am cool with the idea but there would need to be some pre-planning involved and it would probably depend on how much I had conversated with them on the forum. But like others, my yard and my garage are always open to fellow roadies. And I have a descent sized back yard, with a trampoline for your jumping pleasures

·
Registered
553 Posts
I live on 5 acres in SC , I would have no problem letting some one from the forum set up a tent , My Glide ( Christine ) Lives in a conex , I would put her outside if someone needed to wrench or just chill out for awhile , On Weekends as my wife and i work odd shifts . If any one needed help in the Bamberg Sc area i would not hesitate to try and lend a hand or a tow , :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts