Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a trip to Okeechobee Florida this summer with my dad. Leaving from Dayton Ohio area and heading down.

Anyone have any suggestions on destinations on the way?

Taking 11 days off to ride down and back up the east coast home. Spending some time with family in florida for a couple days as well.

We've rode everything around the Dragon. Looking more into the Georgia, Florida area for some good roads.

Appreciate all input !

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Okeechobee during the summer? Whew. Talk about a sauna.

Not sure of the route you want to take, but there are some cool roads around Chattanooga, TN and some cool sites to see.

If you have never been to Barber's Motorsports Museum in Leeds, AL is worth a stop.

If you are considering one or both of those suggestions, you might as well stop in at Jack Daniels Distillery.

Oh and ride the Devil's Triangle.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts

Not sure of the route you want to take, but there are some cool roads around Chattanooga, TN and some cool sites to see.

If you have never been to Barber's Motorsports Museum in Leeds, AL is worth a stop.

If you are considering one or both of those suggestions, you might as well stop in at Jack Daniels Distillery.

You just reminded me that I want to plan a trip over the see Barber's Museum and track. It's on my mini bucket list (those things that weren't "must see" true bucket list items). Would hope to go when they're having vintage bike races at the track. Although going over just for the museum would be OK too. I hear it's pretty spectacular. I love to look at and learn a little something about all brands and models of bikes, especially exotics and factory racers. Now I just gotta remember to pack a 'drool towel'.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You just reminded me that I want to plan a trip over the see Barber's Museum and track. It's on my mini bucket list (those things that weren't "must see" true bucket list items). Would hope to go when they're having vintage bike races at the track. Although going over just for the museum would be OK too. I hear it's pretty spectacular. I love to look at and learn a little something about all brands and models of bikes, especially exotics and factory racers. Now I just gotta remember to pack a 'drool towel'.
Vintage Days in October is definitely a great time. https://www.barbermotorsports.com/vintage-home.php

I've worked the vintage trials a few times.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Northern Georgia around the lookout Mountain area offers some great riding was there about 10 years ago nice area.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Figured it's gonna be a sauna, but the family lives there. Can't leave with snow on the ground haha. Devils Triangle is definately on the bucket list. Thanks !

Northern Georgia around the lookout Mountain area offers some great riding was there about 10 years ago nice area.
We'll have to check it out. We got some time to kill
Thanks !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts