Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I bought a new RGS 3 weeks ago today. Put my 1000 break in miles in 3 days then left last Wednesday from NW Wyoming for my Dad's 80th birthday. Put 3600 miles on the SHARK in a week.

I do think the Road Glide is the best bike I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot). I'm not so sure its a true "touring" bike. Almost a "sport touring". I think I'm thinking this way because I don't have the tour pack, and I sure miss air shocks, but I also feel it looks kind of small with me on it. I'm 6'2 255lbs. Maybe there should be a category of something between touring and sport touring:nerd:
I definitely need a better seat. I was sitting up on the hump part quite a bit on the stock seat. Although sometimes when I sat in the seat the curve of seat almost felt like lumbar support. I think the "tall boy" seat will work as 2 inches back will feel about right.
I may do a quick release tour pack but my wife has her own bike and I probably will never ride 2 up anymore on mine. So perhaps one of those cool sleek trailers >:)
When I bought a new Ultra Classic in 2007, I noticed on long trips that there was a "hint" of a buzz in my hands, felt this on this trip as well..
But man, this thing and scoot on down the highway!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome. Good luck getting it set up the way you want, it takes time. I have experienced the sensation you describe in your hands before. I switched my grips to something that has rubber strips which seems to help. Before I put those on I wore half gloves with the gel in the palm and that helped a lot as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts